Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Matt Bayes
United States
O'Fallon
MO
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
So getting this game soon, i'm currently going over the rules and looking forward to playing it with my brother and friends. (not at the same time, i know its a 2 player game) but which side would be best for someone completely new to the game? attacker or defender?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Lockdall

Chicago
Illinois
msg tools
badge
weaving waves of air
mbmbmbmbmb
I feel like the attacker has "easier" decisions when first looking at the game. Honestly, the defender may have an easier time winning at first, because of the math involved. As you learn the game it is pretty even on both sides.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
RyuSora
Brazil
Sao Paulo
Brazil
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
When i teach, i always play the defender. I think the defender is harder to play and given it 'mathy' aspect i think new players would have more fun playing as the attacker (i taught this game to 4 different players and they all really enjoyed playing as the attacker.) I prefer playing with the attacker, but i always teach as the defender.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jooice ZP
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ryusora wrote:
When i teach, i always play the defender. I think the defender is harder to play and given it 'mathy' aspect i think new players would have more fun playing as the attacker (i taught this game to 4 different players and they all really enjoyed playing as the attacker.) I prefer playing with the attacker, but i always teach as the defender.

I agree.
Also there are a lot less actions the new attacking player needs to know before he can start playing.

As the defender there are so many actions and many of them are situational.

The big drawback of this is that I am almost always the defender
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
RyuSora
Brazil
Sao Paulo
Brazil
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jooice wrote:
ryusora wrote:

I agree.
Also there are a lot less actions the new attacking player needs to know before he can start playing.

As the defender there are so many actions and many of them are situational.

The big drawback of this is that I am almost always the defender

I know that feel.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.