Tony
United States
Tempe
Arizona
flag msg tools
May the Force be with you.
badge
Good and evil; there never is one without the other.
mbmbmbmbmb
With the game selling for $12 on Amazon, I finally decided to take a chance on the game. I was hesitant even though I've heard good things about it as I don't particularly like the theme (i.e., didn't really care for the show). But, it sounds like that is easy enough to overlook, so since it is only $12 (and since the game is now out of print) I figure why not.

The expansions are selling for $9 and change on Amazon, and I'm thinking of getting one of them since I often play with 5 players (and this way I'm sure to get the correct black market card).

My questions are (1) is there a difference between the expansions (or do they just add another color/player), and (2) if there is a difference is one better than the other.

Thanks in advance for your thoughts.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Don Sombrero
msg tools
mb
The base game comes with the Grim Bastards gang gang sheet. So unless you want to play with 6 players or are very keen on orange meeples, you may just skip that one.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tony
United States
Tempe
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks, good to know.

Does the Calaveras Club Expansion include a 5/6 player black market card (or just a 6 player black market card)?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Cabral
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Both expansions include a motorcycle gang, more cash, heat, order tokens, their respective miniatures, die and playerboard and shield

For one thing the 2 expansion clubs give more variety for players to choose from. In my opinion 5- and 6-player games are the most fun because of the contention for locations to exploit, more negotiations, a lot more throw downs.

The base game comes with the Grim bastards playerboard already but is missing everything else.

At a minimum get the Calaveras but I would recommend getting both because you want to be a completionist right?

The Calaveras have a unique ability to block the One-Niners ability to call for backup. As well as being able to send Prospects to Take the Fall instead of members saving you a lot of headache of Patching another member in and keeping your attack/defence strength up.

https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1395816/purge-716-sons-anar...

https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1356557/only-thing-better-s...

Club Order: When issuing a Throw Down Order, you may spend an additional Order to prohibit all Gangs involved from Calling for Backup.
• Gang Rule: You may give up Prospect when Taking the Fall.
• Starting Assets: 3 Money, 2 Guns, 2 Contraband, 2 Heat, 2 Members, 4 Prospects
• Heat Trafficking Limits: 0 Heat = No Limit, 1 Heat = Limit 3, 2 = Limit 2, 3 Heat = 1 Limit, 4 Heat = 0.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, it's gone out of print so you may want to act fast. Besides it's all so dirt cheap, not much harm done if you don't like it. And in probably not too long it'll become pretty hard to find and easy to sell.

By the way I didn't like the show either. As a Northern California native, the ridiculous accents of the actors really grated (and not just the English guy's). It goes downhill from there. The game though: different story.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Get both! Even if you only play with 5 the variety is worth it and the grim bastards have a great power so you'll want those orange minis.

Besides how can you get all those multiple copies of X-Wing ships and not get the only two expansions for this amazing game and for dirt cheap too!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tyson W.
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Check to see if you have an Ollie's near you. I have no idea if they are national or not. I just purchased the base game and both expansions for under $14 with tax. There were another six copies of this bundle on their shelf here in Ohio.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hunter Williams
msg tools
mb
Just picked this up at the Bristol, VA Ollie's. They still have 7 copies even so if you have one locally I would check it out.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tony
United States
Tempe
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
No Ollie's near AZ. But, I bought the base game and both expansions on Amazon for less than $32. Glad I did as its definitely a keeper. We played our first game tonight(4 players), and had a blast. I think it would be even better with more.

None of us were fans or overly familiar with the show. But, as others have said it didn't matter at all. It was a great game, and the biker gang them would work even if it had nothing to do with the show.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.