Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
5 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » Recommendations

Subject: Possibly a Unique Halloween Gaming Request? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
What I'm looking for are games that are decent and fun for 2 players, but with a physical "gimmick".

I recently discovered Shrieks & Creaks and I own Vampire Hunter. One's fun gimmick being the keys, tape & speaker...the other being played w/ the lights off and lighted tower.

These physical gimmicks, where the players have to do or activate something that, to me, give these simplistic "roll & move" games a fun, and unpredictable aspect where they could work for 2 players.

What I'm wondering is if there are anymore like this.

I do know about I Vant to Bit Your Finger, but just haven't be able to hunt down a complete one that wasn't super expensive. lol

I just figure it would make Halloween weekend, or any weekend really, that much more fun. Start with Zombie Dice, go into these, and then maybe end w/ Ghostbusters or Elder Signs. lol

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clem Fandango
New Zealand
WELLINGTON
flag msg tools
Stephen, it's Clem Fandango. Can you hear me?
badge
YES I can hear you Clem Fandango!
mbmbmbmbmb
There's a few that work for two players, but are best for more.

I'm very fond of Mord im Arosa where you drop cubes down the tower and then have to hear and guess where they land, it's however better for 4 or 5. It's about murders at a hotel so that might suit your theme.

The Perfumer you need to match smells to plants and colours, best with 3 or 4.

I can think of others it's just they are just awful or unplayable with 2. There are great ones based on deduction and hidden rolls where people have to leave the room, but for two players there's very few.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Johnson
United States
Azusa
California
flag msg tools
One of Alabama 3's finest songs, especially the versions on the single this image is from...
badge
Sweet Pretty M*th*rf*ck*ng Country Acid House Music - All night long!
Shadows in the Forest, or any number of the Drei Magier Spiele games, like Nacht der Magier or Vampires of the Night.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thank you both for your suggestions!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
I thought of a few others...

--Curse of the Idol

and of course...

--Dark Tower
--Fireball Island

Two games I'll never be able to justify buying. lol

Oh, one more that's in the same theme but definitely more kid oriented...

--Mouse Trap!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.