Mostly Human
United States
ROSAMOND
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Curious.
There is a ton of replayability already, and an expansion is not needed.

However, as time marches on, I thought Eric and Co. might have some additions.

Mike
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cliff Holm
United States
Evansville
Indiana
flag msg tools
mb
I'd like to see something along the lines of making the game has more 'Legacy' components like how that term is used in the recent year or 2. Meaning changes to the game. Adding stickers to the board and naming Provences that sort of thing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Bartlett
United States
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
We are currently working on a distribution partner to help get the word out and drive retail sales. Based on the feedback from our Kickstarter and convention fans we are hearing that although the game is a little confusing at first, folks are having a real blast once they better understand the mechanics of the game.

We recently sent a demo copy to Publisher Services, Inc. and hope to strike a strategic partnership with them soon. We are also looking for 1 or 2 new partners to help with a game play/walk through video to help new players get a real good understanding of the game.

With a retail distributor in place we should be able to begin a second print run of BBL along with an expansion. We have a lot of great ideas including a 3 and 5 player double sided map. We would also like to introduce a couple more heroes, at least one new race with race lord and possibly cooperative play. We have even considered new custom dice to go with each regiment where defenders have the chance to block attacks and ranged/melee hits would be easily identified on each die face. Being that Legacy is already in the game name, legacy pieces would be appropriate as well.

There are tons of cool features we want to add and are open to all ideas and your feedback is critical to making BBL the best game it can be. Thanks for your loyal support and if you have connections with any retail distributors or video podcasters that you feel might be a good fit please let us know.

Cheers,

Eric
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cliff Holm
United States
Evansville
Indiana
flag msg tools
mb
I like everything you've said. If there are more heroes being added I'd like to see characters that match the various races better. For example a goblin or dwarf hero.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mostly Human
United States
ROSAMOND
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
SOOOO GREAT!
Let us know how we can help!
Looking forward to all the new content.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cliff Holm
United States
Evansville
Indiana
flag msg tools
mb
Suggestion: An expansion that adds in "Legacy".

I just read a news article about "Betrayal at the house on the hill" will have a Legacy version out in almost a year or so.

In my opinion the Board Gaming world has changed the definition of the title 'Legacy' to mean altering the game board, sealed decks of cards, and putting stickers on the board.

Battleborn should do the same.

The easiest first steps would be things like tombstones on provinces where heroes have died.

Another would be a journal where the players and Winners record their names.

Perhaps another is naming rights to artifacts. (Just leave a blank space on the card).

There could be a lot of 'Legacy' - style components that are artistic in nature and don't have to be play tested as they won't change the rules.

Well, just a thought, I know I'd be interested in it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.