Thumb up
 Hide
11 Posts

Ex Libris» Forums » General

Subject: German Schwerkraft verlag rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Hi,

Is this true i hereaed about a german Version from Schwerkraft Verlag Release DIN essen this year.

Any1 Know somehing more ?

Cheers

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M. Frieg
Germany
Gummersbach
NRW
flag msg tools
Fan since 1988
badge
I AM WATCHING U
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't know that for sure, but i've seen a picture in the last schwerkraft newsletter, that shows the new employee and Ex Libris is on the table there:
- Maybe they are thinking of signing the game
- maybe they have already signed it
- it may be just an unintenional item on the picture

Though there is a possibility at least.. *crossesfingers*

Link to the picture:
https://twitter.com/KraftSpiele/status/905035766602096640
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dag Roth
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Mottchen wrote:
I don't know that for sure, but i've seen a picture in the last schwerkraft newsletter, that shows the new employee and Ex Libris is on the table there:
- Maybe they are thinking of signing the game
- maybe they have already signed it
- it may be just an unintenional item on the picture

Though there is a possibility at least.. *crossesfingers*

Link to the picture:
https://twitter.com/KraftSpiele/status/905035766602096640

After I saw the link from your post I sent Schwerkraft an e-mail, asking about wether they are planning to publish a german version of "Ex Libris". So far I planned on buying the game in Essen, yet if a german version were around the corner, I'd wait for that (and I told them exactly that).

Well, turns out I received the most unhelpful answer ever: It basically says I shall subscribe to their newsletter or check their Facebook or Twitter sites for anything new.

Thanks for nothing. thumbsdown I'll check "Ex Libris" in Essen then and if I still like it, I guess I'll just leave my money with Renegade Games.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M. Frieg
Germany
Gummersbach
NRW
flag msg tools
Fan since 1988
badge
I AM WATCHING U
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah they may haven't signed a deal so far and can't talk about it (or don't want). Or they are not allowed to talk about it until after the fair. Or whatever. Could be anything. It is just guessing.

So if you really want it, go for Renegade. I really wanted it too, but the hard to read texts made my calm down and wait for a 2nd edition. And if while i wait for it a german edition will be announced, i would be more than happy.
I guess it's time to ******wait****** *snoooze*
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dag Roth
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, I get what this mail is meant to tell me. Either they can't talk about it or maybe there isn't anything to tell so far.
I was just annoyed by the response as it just looks like a standard email, maybe even an auto-generated response. Just add a sentence like "Sorry, we can't talk about it at the moment" would have been fine.

Anyway, I'll check the game out, take a close look at the text and will then decide if I go for it or not.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dag Roth
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
As I couldn't find Ex Libris with Renegade yesterday (the booth was rather empty as a whole), I dropped by Schwerkraft and asked Lisette about "Ex Libris".
And great news: They are bringing the game to Germany and they will do something about the tiny text of the original release.

Bad news though: She couldn't really tell me when it's gonna happen. So I'll happily do some want it/need it-hibernation and will occasionally check their Twitter account.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tyran
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It´s coming:
https://www.schwerkraft-verlag.de/shop/ex-libris/ex-libris/#...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthias M
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I wonder whether they (Schwerkraft) keep the English book titles or not. It is not only about the wordplay which is most certainly lost in translation. It is basically impossible to translate the titles without disrupting the alphabetical order. It would mean reording the books on the cards and even changing the numbers of books per initial letter, so it would immediately become a balance issue as well.

I do not think that Schwerkraft will do this. And if they just leave all book titles in English, well, technically the titles are pure flavor text ... but I cannot imagine that people who do not understand the book titles will still find Ex Libris as enjoyable as the English speaking audience. Then, where is the point in translating this game? IMHO, Ex Libris simply cannot be localized properly.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A. Player
Germany
Nürnberg
flag msg tools
badge
mbmb
If you look at the pictures on the page linked in the post above yours, you will see in the 3rd picture, that they already „translated“ the book titles into german, too. To be more precise: they replaced the titles with unique german ones beginning with The same letter as in the english Version. (You have to click on the picture and may have to zoom to read the titles)

To me it seems Carsten&Co did a good job in translating/replacing the titles, while keeping the sense of Humor.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthias M
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I see. These cards use the same graphics (and letter distribution) as the English version. These titles are no direct translations. Instead, Schwerkraft found new titles matching the predefined alphatical order and categories. If all titles are on the same level as the three cards shown in the photo, they have done a good job.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clemens Haufe
Germany
Leipzig
flag msg tools
badge
Show me what you got!!
mbmbmbmbmb
can somebody tell me whether any of the other issues of the english version got adressed in the german one, i.e. readibility of the WP cards etc.? Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.