Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
mark taylor
United Kingdom
Dunstable
Bedfordshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I received this game recently and last night played White Mountain twice and thoroughly enjoyed it both times even though the first was littered with my own errors!

In the 2nd game which was a very bloody affair a situation cropped up that I was not sure how to correctly resolve.

Liechtenstein had 1 unit left and had accumulated 2 dice, Hohenlohe had 2 units left. The Catholics had only 1 morale cube and the Bohemians had 5. Hohenlohe was unscreened and Liechtenstein attacked on his turn. I know I could have retired Liechtenstein and pushed up Tiefenbach but I chose not to!

Now both sides would lose all their units meaning the Catholics lose a cube going to zero but would in the same sequence take back 2 morale from the Bohemians due to Hohenlohe's star rating.

Do the Catholics lose the game for going to zero morale or is it a simultaneous swap of morale cubes and their side stay in the fight?

I played the latter!

Must say I am loving this game.

Oh and am I the only one looking at maps of the dispositions of the battles on line and setting up my table likewise???

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Russell
United States
Dearborn
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
sweaty wrote:
I received this game recently and last night played White Mountain twice and thoroughly enjoyed it both times even though the first was littered with my own errors!

In the 2nd game which was a very bloody affair a situation cropped up that I was not sure how to correctly resolve.

Liechtenstein had 1 unit left and had accumulated 2 dice, Hohenlohe had 2 units left. The Catholics had only 1 morale cube and the Bohemians had 5. Hohenlohe was unscreened and Liechtenstein attacked on his turn. I know I could have retired Liechtenstein and pushed up Tiefenbach but I chose not to!

Now both sides would lose all their units meaning the Catholics lose a cube going to zero but would in the same sequence take back 2 morale from the Bohemians due to Hohenlohe's star rating.

You're overlooking this rule under "Routing":

If friendly and enemy Formations Rout simultaneously, no Morale Cubes are given to either player, even if one of those Formations was marked with a star.

At this point, we would then proceed to the Bohemian's turn. Since it's now impossible for them to ever attack any Catholic Formations - being that they have no cards left themselves at all - the Bohemians would lose the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mark taylor
United Kingdom
Dunstable
Bedfordshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
tomrussell wrote:
sweaty wrote:

If friendly and enemy Formations Rout simultaneously, no Morale Cubes are given to either player, even if one of those Formations was marked with a star.

At this point, we would then proceed to the Bohemian's turn. Since it's now impossible for them to ever attack any Catholic Formations - being that they have no cards left themselves at all - the Bohemians would lose the game.

Thanks for that Tom missed that one. Excellent game by the way well done.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Russell
United States
Dearborn
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
sweaty wrote:
tomrussell wrote:
sweaty wrote:

Thanks for that Tom missed that one. Excellent game by the way well done.

Thank you very much for the kind words. Glad you're enjoying it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.