13 Posts

Kingdom Death: Monster» Forums » General

Subject: Possible Future Card Packs? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Stefan
Germany
flag msg tools
Following the 1.5 KS campaign I vaguely remember something mentioned by Adam. It was in relation to the twitch gaming event where they won against a lvl 3 gorm (?) and as reward they could start a poll about what the fans wanted to be included to the Gamblers Chest. Among the top 3, Adam decided to chose the Krampus Nemesis, while the top two voted options was something like new Settlement Events and additional Hunt Events for the core game monsters if I remember correctly.

But I also remember that he made a comment about the vote options which he did not chose and said something like he considers releasing a card pack independently from the KS campaign at a later point of time, which could be bought at the KDM shop (I'm not talking about the card pack containing game content cards from pinups / single minis).

I did search for a while but could not find anything about this. Did I only dream it, or does someone also remember this, maybe with a better memory than I have (and perhaps even a link to the statement)?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Klutz
Canada
Quebec
flag msg tools
I am a "certified" art critic.
badge
I am a professional BGG commenter.
mbmbmbmbmb

Here are 2 things I remember from the KS:

- He might release a card pack with promo cards from pinups / single minis since some of them were re-released with added cards and people didn't want to have to purchase the same mini twice just to get a promo card or 2.

- When they beat one of the monsters on the Twitch stream, Poots said the monster obviously wasn't hard enough, so he'd add a couple cards to make it harder (I don't recall where these cards would be added).

I don't recall any mention of other card packs being made available.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stefan
Germany
flag msg tools
Yeah, I think there was one card for the Flower Knight which he wanted to add to the GC if I remember correctly. But I'm quite sure he also made a comment about the top wanted features of the fan vote.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Wirtz
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, the FK is getting buffs in the gambler chest, campaigns of death, or woods expansion, I forget which, though I thought COD.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Perry
United States
Coral Springs
FL
flag msg tools
badge
TWIST Gaming
mbmbmbmb
I believe he may have talked about doing a card pack in the future as there seems to be a demand for it but I don't think he ever said their WOULD be one.

I don't recall if this was on the interview I had with Adam but originally there was a lot more settlement events in the game and they were tied to different events and innovations. Issue was that you were modifying the deck more then you were drawing from it so it and it became a chore.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Klutz
Canada
Quebec
flag msg tools
I am a "certified" art critic.
badge
I am a professional BGG commenter.
mbmbmbmbmb
pookin wrote:
originally there was a lot more settlement events in the game and they were tied to different events and innovations. Issue was that you were modifying the deck more then you were drawing from it so it and it became a chore.

That rings a bell for sure. No idea where I heard/read that initially though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Henry Akeley
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
FK is getting two cards in Gamblers Chest to make it harder.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fen Batten
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Stop Poking!
mbmbmbmbmb
danom wrote:
Yeah, I think there was one card for the Flower Knight which he wanted to add to the GC if I remember correctly. But I'm quite sure he also made a comment about the top wanted features of the fan vote.

2 AI Cards, but it's not going to do anything to make that joke easy mode encounter any more difficult unless they are traits and even then it's not going to help.

L1 FK is the easiest monster in the game apart from the Prologue White Lion. shake I'm surprised more people haven't already started joining me in F&T farming the L1 FK for Fencing/Bows/Resources/Doctors/Survivors.

In other words, Adam's 2 little AI cards are not going to do that much because the entire Flower Knight expansion is flawed from the ground up. Only Spidicules and the Lion Knight are bigger failures.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe White
United States
Elkridge
Maryland
flag msg tools
Collector
badge
Collector
mbmbmbmbmb
How would you farm the level 1 FK? isn't it a nemesis? that means you can only ever encounter the next level up from the one you encountered.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Perry
United States
Coral Springs
FL
flag msg tools
badge
TWIST Gaming
mbmbmbmb
Bulkoth wrote:
How would you farm the level 1 FK? isn't it a nemesis? that means you can only ever encounter the next level up from the one you encountered.

Nope he is a normal hunt-able monster

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andi Kasper
Germany
Aachen
NRW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Flower Knight is not a nemesis. You can hunt him whenever you want and what level you want

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Wirtz
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Joe, no, it's an unusual quarry. IIRC the FK and DBK are the two currently released humanoid quarries, while the rest of the humanoid guys are all nemeses, which is probably the confusion.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alessio Massuoli
Italy
Terni
Umbria
flag msg tools
Baby don't hurt me
badge
Sleepy Sloth
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, it's lore time!
Spoiler (click to reveal)

Out there in the abyssal woods lies the sacred Phoenix Public Restroom, where Phoenixes relieve themselves.

Flower knights are fauna evolved in these sacred grounds, probably because terrain is so fertile there, and they guard the garden and tend the plants.

Now, the ugly dung beetles also love the Phoenix shitting grounds, but they have to go past the flower knight. So, they disguised themselves as humanoid knights.

And that, kids, is the story of how you can make people want to improve themselves by feeding them a little crap. This morale is widely accepted to this day.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.