Question in title

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Neppel
msg tools
mb
1 repair action repairs both ships... so I would say pay 6. Note that if 1 ship was in home harbor, and other at island 4, the repair cost would be same.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
You can take my game… when you pry my cold, dead fingers off the board!
mbmbmbmbmb
motrax78 wrote:
1 repair action repairs both ships... so I would say pay 6. Note that if 1 ship was in home harbor, and other at island 4, the repair cost would be same.

Agreed.

It’s helpful to include the power text with a question, so others don’t have to look it up:

“May use repair action. Cost: 6 gold.”

The cost is to use the action. The normal repair action lets you repair both ships.

Still, it would have been nice if they clarified this in the rules. Though not by far the worst example in this game of something needing clarification. cry

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Des T.
Germany
flag msg tools
This user optimizes his gaming experience.
badge
This user might be a mutant in hiding.
mbmbmbmbmb
Wait.
Unless there's another translation error in my Seafall copy, you shouldn't be able to do the same action twice in one turn. The repair action says "Repair a ship..." not "Repair all ships..."

So there's no way of repairing both ships in the first place.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Hoornbeek
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
DeS_Tructive wrote:
Wait.
Unless there's another translation error in my Seafall copy, you shouldn't be able to do the same action twice in one turn. The repair action says "Repair a ship..." not "Repair all ships..."

So there's no way of repairing both ships in the first place.

In the English rulebook, page 15, about the Builder's Guild:
rulebook wrote:
2. Repair OR Upgrade
(Upgrades costs gold and can be discounted with a good, ship must be present)You may either repair both your ships or upgrade one of your ships.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Des T.
Germany
flag msg tools
This user optimizes his gaming experience.
badge
This user might be a mutant in hiding.
mbmbmbmbmb
So I unpacked my game and double-checked. The translation was correct, the mistake was mine.

I stand corrected.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.