Dan
United States
Rancho Cordova
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I notice that the rules for the build bonus "activate an adjacent module" specifically says this is a "workerless activation" so you can't use it on a module that would affect an occupying worker.

The same adjacency symbol shown under the general symbols legend just says "This module's effect is related to adjacent modules or the workers on them". But I can't actually find any modules with this symbol on them!

Instead I do see a couple that just use the word "adjacent" followed by the module icon. Seems kind of weird, and it leads to my specific question that could apply to any similar module.

The action on Freelancer Dormitories is simply "Activate an adjacent module". Is this also a workerless activation? Or can I activate something like autosurgeon and get its benefit for the worker on the dorms?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Schmitt
United States
South Portland
Maine
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
oddbod wrote:
I notice that the rules for the build bonus "activate an adjacent module" specifically says this is a "workerless activation" so you can't use it on a module that would affect an occupying worker.

The same adjacency symbol shown under the general symbols legend just says "This module's effect is related to adjacent modules or the workers on them". But I can't actually find any modules with this symbol on them!

Instead I do see a couple that just use the word "adjacent" followed by the module icon. Seems kind of weird, and it leads to my specific question that could apply to any similar module.

The action on Freelancer Dormitories is simply "Activate an adjacent module". Is this also a workerless activation? Or can I activate something like autosurgeon and get its benefit for the worker on the dorms?

It seems to me like a workerless activation. My interpretation is that it is a workerless activation in any situation except when the worker is actually placed on the module. It would be nice to hear an official ruling though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mouldy Banana
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmb
oddbod wrote:
The action on Freelancer Dormitories is simply "Activate an adjacent module".
Which rule book are you looking at? Maybe you have an earlier edition where the wording isn't so clear?

The TMG rulebook r7 says:
Freelancer Dormitories wrote:
Choose an adjacent module and copy its effects.

The Game Brewer rulebook says:
Choose an adjacent module and copy its
effects. Apply the effect to this worker and/or this module, if applicable.

Both implies that you place a worker there then treat it as if you had placed it on an adjacent module and thereby doing whatever it is that the adjacent module allows you to do.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan
United States
Rancho Cordova
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
mouldybanana wrote:
Which rule book are you looking at? Maybe you have an earlier edition where the wording isn't so clear?

The TMG rulebook r7 says:
Choose an adjacent module and copy its effects.

The Game Brewer rulebook says:
Choose an adjacent module and copy its
effects. Apply the effect to this worker and/or this module, if applicable.

Both implies that you place a worker there then treat it as if you had placed it on an adjacent module and thereby doing whatever it is that the adjacent module allows you to do.

I have the original kickstarter version of the game, though it's possible I copied the text for this post from a PDF I downloaded back when I posted this. I'll have to check my printed rules when I get home.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gordon Hunt
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Also I'm guessing you can't choose an adjacent module that is occupied?

Maybe "you may not use this bonus to activate a module that would affect the placed worker..." implies this but some clarification would be helpful.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Seth Jaffee
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
thegroden1h wrote:
Also I'm guessing you can't choose an adjacent module that is occupied?

Maybe "you may not use this bonus to activate a module that would affect the placed worker..." implies this but some clarification would be helpful.

Incorrect.

You MAY choose an occupied adjacent module if you wish.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.