Neanderthal» Forums » Rules

Subject: Wanderluster after Promiscuous Courtship (G1) rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Richard J. Grandia
Netherlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
After a successful courtship a promiscuous player gets to exchange one af the victim's unassigned hunters with a Wanderluster of his colour from the dead pile.
The victim, however, is unlikely to have any unassigned hunters in his tableau at the time the courtship roll is made - most likely, they'll all be at the office wrestling Tyrant Sea Bears

So what happens? Does the Wanderluster go into the victim's tableau, while one of the returning hunters gets dropped in the dead pile on arrival back home?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phil Eklund
Germany
Karlsruhe
Baden Würtenberg
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Rick Grandia wrote:
After a successful courtship a promiscuous player gets to exchange one af the victim's unassigned hunters with a Wanderluster of his colour from the dead pile.
The victim, however, is unlikely to have any unassigned hunters in his tableau at the time the courtship roll is made - most likely, they'll all be at the office wrestling Tyrant Sea Bears

So what happens? Does the Wanderluster go into the victim's tableau, while one of the returning hunters gets dropped in the dead pile on arrival back home?

Your suggestion is reasonable to preserve the intent. However, I am changing the rules to a simpler solution:

In the Living Rules under G1 (Courtship), I have changed the rule to read:
Promiscuous Courting. If your successful Suitor in a foreign tableau is promiscuous, he cannot become a Husband and instead you add a Wanderluster of your color from the deadpile to the victim’s unassigned tribesmen, representing your genetic legacy. This does not impact her marital status. Then your Suitor returns home.

Commentary. This rule is simpler, but this simpler rule makes it unlikely it will ever happen. This is because it benefits the rape victim significantly, while the rapist is unlikely to benefit because his mixed-breed child is very unlikely to survive long enough to be counted in the victory points. The promiscuous suitor is still a possible strategy for a promiscuous player to prevent an opponent from becoming a Husband. Of course, the whole subject is a minefield in a family game, but nevertheless one that should be approached honestly.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard J. Grandia
Netherlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
How's that for customer service - my question was answered even before it was posted! I downloaded the living rules last weekend and saved them to my Reading List, but hadn't refreshed them since then, so I missed the Oct. 12th update.
Thanks for the quick reply!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.