Joshua Morris
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
I am currently working on a board game and the overall core concept, mechanics, and rules have been created and I have a playable version of the game. But is it extreeeeeeeeemely rough at the moment, because I am not an artist. I have the ideas of how I want things to look, but I was not given the gift to manifest those ideas into tangible works of art.

So I am looking for an artist, preferably one that could different styles (like anime, bubbly, south park-esqu, etc.)

But here is the problem, I have no money. I am pouring the money I do have into materials, legal fees, and general surviving. What I do have is an open position for a permanent team member. I know that doesn't pay the bills immediately, but it has the potential to lead to something greater.

It's not great (it's not even good), but it's all I have.

I really want to complete this project, but I know I can't do it without decent artwork. So what should I do?

and please please please don't say "well looks like you should take out a loan" or something along the lines of "find money", I'm already trying...

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derek Smi
msg tools
Until your game and wallet is in a better state you could use http://www.freepik.com for now. And gimp software.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Sobr
msg tools
designer
There are students and artists that are just starting out willing to work for experience (and potential rewards along the way), but they will most likely not make your game look spectacular, which is why there is art in games in the first place.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.