Subject: Room 4 station - spoilers rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jimmy Murphy
Ireland
Cork
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi just had a situation where the 2 diagrams that came up to solve each required 3 fail-safes.
Not an issue except one is 3 explosives and the other is 2 explosives and a gearlock.
There are only 4 explosives........
I cleared everyone of the fail-safes before realizing the problem.
I'm calling it a moral victory as I did that in 9 rounds but there was some cursing involved at the time.

So what sound I have done?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brie
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm not sure of the right ruling, but I would have drawn a new diagram, which would unfortunately mean restarting solving that character's diagrams from scratch.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Crazed Survivor
France
flag msg tools
The Orzhov welcome you. Please leave your belongings with the Obzedat. They are not yours anymore.
badge
Hi, I'm a european crested tit, and a very small punk rocker!
mbmbmbmbmb
briezee wrote:
I'm not sure of the right ruling, but I would have drawn a new diagram, which would unfortunately mean restarting solving that character's diagrams from scratch.

Which you could have done on your first turn since you would have know you wouldn't have access to enough explosions failsafes.
Unfortunately I'm not sure you are allowed to work on multiple diagrams either in this room.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brie
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Razoupaf wrote:
briezee wrote:

Which you could have done on your first turn since you would have know you wouldn't have access to enough explosions failsafes.
Unfortunately I'm not sure you are allowed to work on multiple diagrams either in this room.

Nothing in the co-op rules or the Room 4 states that the Diagnose and Disarm action is disallowed or altered. The only clue that I had as to what to do in this situation was "Each character must fully complete their own Diagrams". Hence, my solution of draw a new one and start over on it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chi-Hsuan Huang
Taiwan
flag msg tools
Same as Brie, I just draw a new diagram, it seems the rule doesn't restrict you only could use your first diagram.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Crazed Survivor
France
flag msg tools
The Orzhov welcome you. Please leave your belongings with the Obzedat. They are not yours anymore.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've just noticed that the story card says a character can only be used once, including when you successfully solve a room.
Is this anywhere in the rules? I only remember you lose a character upon failure, not upon succeeding.
What say you?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brie
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Razoupaf wrote:
I've just noticed that the story card says a character can only be used once, including when you successfully solve a room.
Is this anywhere in the rules? I only remember you lose a character upon failure, not upon succeeding.
What say you?

The rules state:

pg 11 of Rulebook 1.0 wrote:

As you go through this episode, you will select which Characters you'd like to use for each specific challenge. Each Character may only be used once per game.

I interpret this to mean at the start of each room you have to pick a character, someone who hasn't already been used. It's slightly vague, but I think the rules do intend that you change characters after both success and failure.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Crazed Survivor
France
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
briezee wrote:
I interpret this to mean at the start of each room you have to pick a character, someone who hasn't already been used. It's slightly vague, but I think the rules do intend that you change characters after both success and failure.

That definitely makes the solo challenge a lot harder
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.