Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Matt Pedersen
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It is on sale for $55 now from Paizo website. Look through their golem sale and it is under the board game section.

BE WARNED: I got a 1st/2nd edition print. So YMMV.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean Franco
United States
Maplewood
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
If you could touch the alien sand and hear the cries of strange birds and watch them wheel in another sky, would that satisfy you?
mbmbmbmbmb
mped68 wrote:
BE WARNED: I got a 1st/2nd edition print. So YMMV.

That edition had the better art anyways.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Indenture Forlife
msg tools
mbmbmb
Dominant Species is the best area control game I have ever played.
If you are even considering buying it... pull the trigger!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kozz Kozzy
msg tools
sadly there is lot of games for half the price that are better designs with more and better components. Dont support greed.
I liked the game when we play it at club but refusing to buy.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greece
Athens
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Kozzy wrote:
sadly there is lot of games for half the price that are better designs with more and better components. Dont support greed.
I liked the game when we play it at club but refusing to buy.

I don't think most of these points are valid, cheaper area control games start at ~25% less but they are significantly lacking in strategy and design, and I think you are forgetting how many components DS has when counting all 6 players. Also GMT's retail pricing has nothing to do with greed and retail is only one of their primary sales channel. It is one of the few board game companies that isn't "milking" customers through expansions and promos and instead offers complete games on release, with arguably the best customer support.

DS is worth its price if you like the game, and unlike other games its design has not be reimplemented/rehashed and will probably stay unique and original for a long time.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.