Recommend
 
 Thumb up
 Hide
14 Posts

The 7th Continent» Forums » General

Subject: Exploring the Continent beyond the Curses rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Giuliano Bartolucci
Italy
fano
Pesaro Urbino
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Can someone tell me if there are places to discover and small mysteries to solve once all of the Curses are managed to be lifted? EDIT I mean not Curse related places you can found on a quasi-tourist approach
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marcel Cwertetschka
Germany
Vienna
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Gloomhaven: Forgotten Circles!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes there are other places to visiz next to the main curse locations.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Crazed Survivor
France
flag msg tools
The Orzhov welcome you. Please leave your belongings with the Obzedat. They are not yours anymore.
badge
Hi, I'm a european crested tit, and a very small punk rocker!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
There are small and big mysteries to solve. Some places are not core-box curse related.

The areas are not exactly large enough to really allow a "touristic" approach. You'll see terrain cards that are not related to a curse, but you won't have to look too far and you'll probably see them when looking for curse-related cards anyway.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Politis
United States
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
In short, yes. To say more would encroach some really big spoilers. But there are some small areas, not curse related, that require solving of mysteries to access. In general, the big mysteries have less to do with areas than they do with different ways to use and interact with existing places. Happy to send you a message with more specific information, I'd rather not share the info in an open forum.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Giuliano Bartolucci
Italy
fano
Pesaro Urbino
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jpolitis wrote:
In short, yes. To say more would encroach some really big spoilers. But there are some small areas, not curse related, that require solving of mysteries to access. In general, the big mysteries have less to do with areas than they do with different ways to use and interact with existing places. Happy to send you a message with more specific information, I'd rather not share the info in an open forum.

Very kind from you. If you don't mind I think I'm going to exhaust everything about the Curser, and only then go exploring for the sheer pleasure of discovery.But I'll surely bother you in a near future asking you for indications and questions.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
oeil danslabouche
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm on the edge of playing with no curse : just a run to try things, with less presssion (one curse card less, I will just keep the 4 generic ones).
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken
United States
West Palm Beach
Florida
flag msg tools
'When playing a game, the goal is to win, but it is the goal that is important, not the winning' - Dr. Reiner Knizia
badge
The world is what we make of it. So why not make it a better place?
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
That's what I'm wondering. Is it fun just to explore the island. The problem is, that unlike being stranded in an unknown land, there isn't any change for rescue is there?

Just exploration would be a fantastic adventure if you could find your way off the island after a time. In another post I like movies like Mysterious Island and Journey to the Center of the Earth. Both are grand adventures into the unknown, both looking for a way home.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Giuliano Bartolucci
Italy
fano
Pesaro Urbino
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ken at Sunrise wrote:
That's what I'm wondering. Is it fun just to explore the island. The problem is, that unlike being stranded in an unknown land, there isn't any change for rescue is there?

Just exploration would be a fantastic adventure if you could find your way off the island after a time. In another post I like movies like Mysterious Island and Journey to the Center of the Earth. Both are grand adventures into the unknown, both looking for a way home.

Many persistent worlds/settings are giving players tasks (not specifically an escape, though), expecially in Video Games, but important part of the experience is just wandering about discovering the land (300+ hours in Skyrim and main quest 40%)and gaining Lore. The trip itself IS the destination
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken
United States
West Palm Beach
Florida
flag msg tools
'When playing a game, the goal is to win, but it is the goal that is important, not the winning' - Dr. Reiner Knizia
badge
The world is what we make of it. So why not make it a better place?
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
giulibartolucci1204 wrote:
Ken at Sunrise wrote:
That's what I'm wondering. Is it fun just to explore the island. The problem is, that unlike being stranded in an unknown land, there isn't any change for rescue is there?

Just exploration would be a fantastic adventure if you could find your way off the island after a time. In another post I like movies like Mysterious Island and Journey to the Center of the Earth. Both are grand adventures into the unknown, both looking for a way home.

Many persistent worlds/settings are giving players tasks (not specifically an escape, though), expecially in Video Games, but important part of the experience is just wandering about discovering the land (300+ hours in Skyrim and main quest 40%)and gaining Lore. The trip itself IS the destination


Perhaps. I have Skyrim. But really I was asking about The 7th Continent.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Giuliano Bartolucci
Italy
fano
Pesaro Urbino
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ken at Sunrise wrote:
giulibartolucci1204 wrote:
Ken at Sunrise wrote:
That's what I'm wondering. Is it fun just to explore the island. The problem is, that unlike being stranded in an unknown land, there isn't any change for rescue is there?

Just exploration would be a fantastic adventure if you could find your way off the island after a time. In another post I like movies like Mysterious Island and Journey to the Center of the Earth. Both are grand adventures into the unknown, both looking for a way home.

Many persistent worlds/settings are giving players tasks (not specifically an escape, though), expecially in Video Games, but important part of the experience is just wandering about discovering the land (300+ hours in Skyrim and main quest 40%)and gaining Lore. The trip itself IS the destination


Perhaps. I have Skyrim. But really I was asking about The 7th Continent.

Ok, 7THC and SR do have almost nothing in common but the fact that both are intended to be persistent worlds. I was meaning that even without a coming-back-story-line you can enjoy the 7Th Continent just discoverying the land and "living" there
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken
United States
West Palm Beach
Florida
flag msg tools
'When playing a game, the goal is to win, but it is the goal that is important, not the winning' - Dr. Reiner Knizia
badge
The world is what we make of it. So why not make it a better place?
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
giulibartolucci1204 wrote:
Ken at Sunrise wrote:
giulibartolucci1204 wrote:
Ken at Sunrise wrote:
That's what I'm wondering. Is it fun just to explore the island. The problem is, that unlike being stranded in an unknown land, there isn't any change for rescue is there?

Just exploration would be a fantastic adventure if you could find your way off the island after a time. In another post I like movies like Mysterious Island and Journey to the Center of the Earth. Both are grand adventures into the unknown, both looking for a way home.

Many persistent worlds/settings are giving players tasks (not specifically an escape, though), expecially in Video Games, but important part of the experience is just wandering about discovering the land (300+ hours in Skyrim and main quest 40%)and gaining Lore. The trip itself IS the destination


Perhaps. I have Skyrim. But really I was asking about The 7th Continent.

Ok, 7THC and SR do have almost nothing in common but the fact that both are intended to be persistent worlds. I was meaning that even without a coming-back-story-line you can enjoy the 7Th Continent just discoverying the land and "living" there


How many hours play time do you have in The 7th Continent?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Giuliano Bartolucci
Italy
fano
Pesaro Urbino
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ken at Sunrise wrote:
giulibartolucci1204 wrote:
Ken at Sunrise wrote:
giulibartolucci1204 wrote:
Ken at Sunrise wrote:
That's what I'm wondering. Is it fun just to explore the island. The problem is, that unlike being stranded in an unknown land, there isn't any change for rescue is there?

Just exploration would be a fantastic adventure if you could find your way off the island after a time. In another post I like movies like Mysterious Island and Journey to the Center of the Earth. Both are grand adventures into the unknown, both looking for a way home.

Many persistent worlds/settings are giving players tasks (not specifically an escape, though), expecially in Video Games, but important part of the experience is just wandering about discovering the land (300+ hours in Skyrim and main quest 40%)and gaining Lore. The trip itself IS the destination


Perhaps. I have Skyrim. But really I was asking about The 7th Continent.

Ok, 7THC and SR do have almost nothing in common but the fact that both are intended to be persistent worlds. I was meaning that even without a coming-back-story-line you can enjoy the 7Th Continent just discoverying the land and "living" there


How many hours play time do you have in The 7th Continent?

I'm on my 2nd playthrouh of Dark Cest, and it is my 4th Curse. About 35 hrs playing and 7 to 9 just wandering with no other goal than Exploration
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken
United States
West Palm Beach
Florida
flag msg tools
'When playing a game, the goal is to win, but it is the goal that is important, not the winning' - Dr. Reiner Knizia
badge
The world is what we make of it. So why not make it a better place?
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
giulibartolucci1204 wrote:
Ken at Sunrise wrote:
How many hours play time do you have in The 7th Continent?

I'm on my 2nd playthrouh of Dark Cest, and it is my 4th Curse. About 35 hrs playing and 7 to 9 just wandering with no other goal than Exploration


And you're still enjoying the game and enjoying wandering. That's great. Thanks for your input.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Giuliano Bartolucci
Italy
fano
Pesaro Urbino
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You're Welcome
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.