Popular Tags: [View All]
Jonathan Schindler
United States
Lombard
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It looks like, by packaging and price, this is a map-only expansion: http://www.pd-verlag.de/epages/es719366.sf/de_DE/?ObjectPath...

Very excited to try it!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt L.
United States
Seahurst
Washington
flag msg tools
I have text here
badge
So important!
mbmbmbmbmb
Do we know if/when this is headed to US?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Benson
United Kingdom
Liverpool
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Someone at PD Verlag needs to complete their edit of the Gallia / Corsica page that they cloned for the new expansion.

Looking forward to the new maps.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gillum the Stoor
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Rules: http://www.pd-verlag.de/WebRoot/Store/Shops/es719366/MediaGa...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Y P
United States
Mississippi
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This is shaping up to be quite nice. The personality card market with alternate costs makes it more than just a map expansion. I can see myself getting annoyed with the different sea route rules for the Egypt map, but the neat thematic tweaks there should outweigh that slight annoyance. Is Egypt the most rules-heavy map yet? Might be about the same as Germania in that regard.

I wish there were a way for the more involved maps like Germania and Egypt to be shrunk down for better 2p play. It's a shame that to play the maps with the most "interesting" rules you need more players.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darryl with one "R"
United States
Redmond
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
MentatYP wrote:
I wish there were a way for the more involved maps like Germania and Egypt to be shrunk down for better 2p play. It's a shame that to play the maps with the most "interesting" rules you need more players.

Unless I miscounted, Egypt has 23 cities and 10 provinces. For comparison, Hispania (from Salsa) has 23 cities and 9 provinces, and I've found that to play very well with 2.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Y P
United States
Mississippi
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
nbread wrote:
MentatYP wrote:

Unless I miscounted, Egypt has 23 cities and 10 provinces. For comparison, Hispania (from Salsa) has 23 cities and 9 provinces, and I've found that to play very well with 2.

Ah, sweet! I only glanced at the Egypt map and thought it was bigger, but you're right. Very exciting!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darryl with one "R"
United States
Redmond
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
MentatYP wrote:
Ah, sweet! I only glanced at the Egypt map and thought it was bigger, but you're right. Very exciting!

Glad to help.

I'm in the opposite boat -- I'm looking for a reason not to buy this since I already own Salsa and don't play it enough as it is. But now that I see Egypt only has 23 cities, and I'm going to be able to see it at Essen in person, I sense my resistance crumbling.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trey Gilliam
msg tools
mbmbmb
FYI - I emailed rio grande games and they said they hope to receive this late November and then it should hit retailers after that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ron Z
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
treyoshi wrote:
FYI - I emailed rio grande games and they said they hope to receive this late November and then it should hit retailers after that.

It’s up for preorder at Miniature Market!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.