Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Marc Willner
United States
Avon
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I wasn't able to find an answer to this in the rule book (unless I completely missed it. If your lazer crosses a prism that is claimed by another player, and their lazer is still intact, I understand that you don't crash, but do you then claim the prism or does the other play keep it?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Edwin Woody
United States
Pottsboro
Texas
flag msg tools
I'm trying to reform though.
badge
On the restless road to nowhere, there's no certain peace it seems.
mbmbmbmbmb
You claim it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Elwyn Chow
Australia
flag msg tools
mb
Agree with the person above. I think it's implicit rather than being explicitly in the rules because the rules don't explicitly say "neutral prism" just "prism".

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kovu Cougar
msg tools
When we play, we consider a scored prism as "colour locked" as well if one of the lazers is the scored colour and overlaps the prism in a way that would have scored it.

We think of it like the scoring coloured lazer is "powering" it to keep it colour locked.

So essentially:
1) The prism is locked in colour until the scoree is forced to disassemble their lazer through it (they crash, or someone crashes into them at a point after they "scored it", or they have to go piece hunting for a move)
2) It gives the potential to "relock" the colour should their lazer be disassembled, essentially by "re-scoring" it before anyone else.
3) If the prism is not intersected in a score-legal way, it's still open and must be nudged or locked, as appropriate.

I think that's how I remember it being played at PAX in the Tabletop CoOp room, but that was near a year ago so am not sure anymore!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cardboard Fortress
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmb
Hey there KovuCougar, Sorry we didn't respond to this earlier.

While that is certainly a reasonable way to play the game and please keep doing it the way you like and have fun, that is not actually how it works by our rules.

In essence a prizm should always be the color of the last (most recent) lazer to cross through it (fulfill the requirements of scoring it) regardless of any other lazers that may still be passing through it.

Another way to say it would be that your lazer line provides no protection for your prizm other then blocking space around the prism.

Hope that helps everyone.

Keep it neon and chrome you Ryderz!
- Anthony Amato

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.