Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Steve
United States
Reno
Nevada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I emailed Bill with a few questions. He responded to https://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/1855228/unboxing-conten... post of mine regarding Fang. Here is my question regarding the Melee Symbol and Bill's clarification:

During today's game, came across Livestock Rustling (Mission) which has a Melee symbol in a black box right after the Salvage Coins and then Survival and Combat before the Optional symbol. Why is the Melee symbol in a black box whereas I find others like Monday Morning at 6am (Plains) that does not have the Melee symbol in a black box? My first impression was that possibly you only roll once to get a Survival and Combat result, but then I find A Perceived Threat (City/Rad) whereas the black boxed Melee symbol is followed by Combat only. I could find no reference in the rules regarding this.

The Melee Symbol should have been the normal symbol, this is an older symbol, that wasn't linked properly when changed the linked image. Functionally they are the same symbol.

Edit:

Another question regarding the above that I originally forgot to ask Bill and his reply:

Does the Melee symbol need to be resolved for both the Survival and Combat or just the Survival?

It applies to all checks. In this case both Combat and Survival. Usually it is because your ranged weapons were stolen.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.