Mythic Battles: Pantheon» Forums » General

Subject: Other KS devs ..please take note rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
gary gee
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I must congratulate the team who are making this game.their conduct from the very start of the project as been nothing short of brilliant!.the KS forum is always busy.and Jake or Leo are usually on there answering any questions!.Leo has a livecast on Wednesdays.and his enthusiasm is great!.
the game at this point is bang on target for hitting our gaming tables around december time..

Shame,most of the other companies cant be as open and efficient has these guys have been.
and yes,i believe they have,as Leo quoted earlier in the KS project that they had learnt the lessons from the conan KS
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Max Jansson
Sweden
Trollhättan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I agree, I must say that the guys from Mythic Games have been top notch all the way through this campaign.

But note that they where not involved in the Conan campaign, that was Team Monolith. Mythic Battles is a collaboration between the two teams with Team Mythic at the forefront.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J P
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Evil_X wrote:
I agree, I must say that the guys from Mythic Games have been top notch all the way through this campaign.

But note that they where not involved in the Conan campaign, that was Team Monolith. Mythic Battles is a collaboration between the two teams with Team Mythic at the forefront.

Check the credits. A lot of people at Mythic worked on Conan and were involved with the campaign. They then went and formed their own company.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Willem Verheij
msg tools
mbmb
Agreed, they keep us up to date and well informed, and I have faith in the game being delivered on time.

The only thing I do want them to take with them in future kickstarters is making it clearer from the start what the availability plans are after the kickstarter.

Will the game be in stores or can it be ordered from their website?
They said yes to both untill the kickstarter was pretty much finished, then it was just online store and now its not that either anymore.

I am quite fine with those things when I know it ahead of time. And if they are not sure about those things at the start they should say so. I want them to be more open about it.

Also when people don't expect to be able to buy it anywhere later, they will probably want to buy more expansions if they can when they know it would otherwise be years before they might possibly get another chance at that. If at all.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rando Polis

Chicago
msg tools
badge
I'd like to add that I found out about the game a year too late. Surely there are many other folks in a similar position. Saw the Joan of Arc game and through that I found MBantheon. Great! Not so...

I'd love to get MBP base set plus a few of its other items but will have to rely on exaggerated prices. A reasonable mark-up is understandable but I won't support price gouging.

Also, even if they sell retail afterwards, the choice of KS exclusives is disappointing. Buying the Titans pack without Atlas leaves a bitter taste. Same thing for owning Hercules and not the Nemean lion. Exclusives shouldn't include main characters. It's just not cool.

I hope they do great and maybe launch a second run.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Here, Here! Agree 100%

Only thing they need to work on, as someone stated earlier is their release plans. Rather than saying it will be available after KS, than it changes, just say we arent sure; verify before announcing.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Willem Verheij
msg tools
mbmb
Have to agree about the choice of what to make exclusive, but for now it seems everything was kickstarter exclusive.

It could also work to have alternative sculpts as the only kickstarter exclusive stuff, possibly with alternative versions of those units as well.

Like a Hector on horseback, a larger Minotaur with a big maul or axe or a King Minos in his human form.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eugene
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Surprised nobody mentions shipping-gate
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J Lo
United States
Nevada
flag msg tools
mbmb
I don’t think the reasons for future plans were that simple. Since this was a joint project, both companies needed to be on the same page, but they weren’t. From what I gather, Mythic wanted to have a retail release, but in the end, Monolith said “no,” to retail.

I believe during one of the lives for Joan of Arc, Leo said they have an announcement coming regarding MBP, but not until after backers get the game. It’s only speculation at this point, as to what he means.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Wall
Canada
Chilliwack
BC
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I totally concur. I missed the MBP campaign but I have been in from the get go on the Joan of Arc one and their interaction and responses with backers is absolutely fantastic. I also backed Rising Sun and the difference in how the two are run is near night and day.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.