Shane Poole
United States
Spokane
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
Troller of Trolls
mbmbmbmbmb
I just wanted to post this to inform people of something that CSI advertises and charges for, but it is misleading and false advertisement. I have had no issues with CSI previously and have spent thousands with them. I placed an order super early on 11 October. When I checked out there was an option to pay an extra $3.99 so that your "order would SHIP that day". I figured I would pay the $3.99 to see how this would turn out. Well, the items still havent shipped. They only created the shipping label that day. I am still a loyal CSI customer, but I will not fall for this again and hope none of you do either.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Mendenhall
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Have you contacted them about this?

I just tried to add an in-stock item and checkout. I only get the different shipping options (meaning the options through the shipping companies, not CSI). There's no sign of a +$3.99 option to have it shipped that day. Maybe they've changed their options since you ordered, or I could just be blind.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shane Poole
United States
Spokane
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
Troller of Trolls
mbmbmbmbmb
JMendenhall wrote:
Have you contacted them about this?

I just tried to add an in-stock item and checkout. I only get the different shipping options (meaning the options through the shipping companies, not CSI). There's no sign of a +$3.99 option to have it shipped that day. Maybe they've changed their options since you ordered, or I could just be blind.

I am thinking it is something that is available during their normal business hours. I had never seen it before that day. To me the $3.99 isn't a big deal, I just wanted to warn others if they happen to see this in the future. I am not in a rush to receive the items, so I am not worried about contacting them. I will take a screenshot when I see it again. I can post my receipt showing the charge if anyone is interested and thinks I am being untruthful.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Mendenhall
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Definitely contact them. $4 isn't a lot, especially if it were maybe a day or two behind, but you should get the service or a refund.

This could be an issue on their back-end with orders not being flagged for rush shipping, or just human error.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joey Nazzari
United States
Floral Park
NY - New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I do not understand why people post about an issue, before contacting the store. Errors sometimes happen. If they do not fix it, then post.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank M.
United States
upstate New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
captds9e wrote:
I do not understand why people post about an issue, before contacting the store. Errors sometimes happen. If they do not fix it, then post.

I've ordered more than $8,000 from CSI over the years. Their customer service is great! But no one is perfect. Mistakes happen. Contact them. I'm certain this will be fixed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Detwiler
United States
Lehigh Valley
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The cusomter probably feels if they publicize it, chances of receiving a favorable customer facing resolution increases. This may or may not help. For CSI regulars it may shed light on what to expect in the future if they choose to have the order SHIP that day for $3.99.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shane Poole
United States
Spokane
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
Troller of Trolls
mbmbmbmbmb
captds9e wrote:

I feel like I can use the same logic by saying that a company should not offer a service that it cannot deliver on. I believe a fair warning to other users was justified. Even if they refunded my money since the items have been sitting there for 5 days, I would still have posted about the misleading option for shipping. Is it a coincidence that this is the first time I used the option and this happens? Maybe, maybe not. I will still do business with CSI, this is not an attack. This post was only meant to share a customer experience and give warning to those looking into that shipping option in the future.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Pierce
United States
Rochester
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
captds9e wrote:

This
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shane Poole
United States
Spokane
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
Troller of Trolls
mbmbmbmbmb
mantra6 wrote:
captds9e wrote:

This

Well I posted so get over it. Even with a refund I still would never choose the option again.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Moss
United States
Owasso
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
New Troll Here!
badge
Stay away from the Voodoo.
mbmbmbmbmb
shaneslunchbox wrote:
captds9e wrote:

I feel like I can use the same logic by saying that a company should not offer a service that it cannot deliver on. I believe a fair warning to other users was justified. Even if they refunded my money since the items have been sitting there for 5 days, I would still have posted about the misleading option for shipping. Is it a coincidence that this is the first time I used the option and this happens? Maybe, maybe not. I will still do business with CSI, this is not an attack. This post was only meant to share a customer experience and give warning to those looking into that shipping option in the future.

Every company should post a giant warning sign saying "Warning: Sometimes people make mistakes!" Just so that one in a million time it happens, there was that warning.

Or do they need to get more specific? Beside every product in a restaurant should be a little warning stating "Warning: Ingredients may be accidentally forgotten, switched, or added."

Thinking back on all those mistakes I've made at work, especially as a new employee, man the companies I've worked for must be the worst for not making public warnings about the mistakes they should have known I would potentially make. Can't believe I worked for those places!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin L. Kitchens
United States
Gainesville
Georgia
flag msg tools
designer
Snowflakes Melt
badge
Snowflakes Melt
mbmbmbmbmb
shaneslunchbox wrote:
captds9e wrote:

There is to this point NOTHING to warn about.

An outlier is not worth this much fuss.

If they reply and said “yeah we just say that to steal $4 from you”, THEN you might have posted this.

They could likewise post in the Discussing Customers forum about you to warn other vendors what they can expect selling to you. (Yeah just as silly)

Now I need to go warn people on the Walmart subreddit that I got a cart with a rattling wobbling wheel. So customers know what might possibly happen to them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shane Poole
United States
Spokane
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
Troller of Trolls
mbmbmbmbmb
klkitchens wrote:
shaneslunchbox wrote:
captds9e wrote:

If they reply and said “yeah we just say that to steal $4 from you”, THEN you might have posted this.

They could likewise post in the Discussing Customers forum about you to warn other vendors what they can expect selling to you. (Yeah just as silly)

Now I need to go warn people on the Walmart subreddit that I got a cart with a rattling wobbling wheel. So customers know what might possibly happen to them.

Yeah, people never, ever post feedback about customer experiences. I mean how is something like Yelp still even around? We should only post positive experiences and nothing else or be attacked. Got it!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin L. Kitchens
United States
Gainesville
Georgia
flag msg tools
designer
Snowflakes Melt
badge
Snowflakes Melt
mbmbmbmbmb
shaneslunchbox wrote:
klkitchens wrote:
shaneslunchbox wrote:
captds9e wrote:

Yeah, people never, ever post feedback about customer experiences. I mean how is something like Yelp still even around? We should only post positive experiences and nothing else or be attacked. Got it!

You've not been attacked. It's just been shared with you you made a mistake in posting prematurely.

Your post was "THIS IS AN ISSUE", not "here's my experience, YMMV". You came with an Naderesque attitude with very little evidence (all anecdotal). Had you presented as "has this ever happened to you?" AFTER you contacted them and failed to get a satisfactory resolution, then your error would not be so magnified.

But the first step is to contact them. NOT blast to the internet. You (still) don't have all the facts (their resolution).

Had you done this properly and contacted them, they could have given you a reason or apology. Both of which would certainly have removed all need for this thread. A reason might have been justified ("sorry our warehouse power went out!") or they might have simply said "oops! software glitch. Here's your $4 and a gift voucher". You'd have been satisfied and there would have been no pattern for which other customers should have been alerted to.

Now if they came back and said "how that works is this... on the day we get to your order, it will be first in line, so it doesn't guarantee to ship the day you order, just gets priority that day we fulfill it" THEN you would have had a statement from them that the policy isn't all that great. And that would be worth letting others know.

But always contact them first.

So to correct your misinterpretation:

Online customer feedback is GREAT.
Premature and incomplete customer feedback is NOT.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shane Poole
United States
Spokane
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
Troller of Trolls
mbmbmbmbmb
klkitchens wrote:
shaneslunchbox wrote:
klkitchens wrote:
shaneslunchbox wrote:
captds9e wrote:

You've not been attacked. It's just been shared with you you made a mistake in posting prematurely.

Your post was "THIS IS AN ISSUE", not "here's my experience, YMMV". You came with an Naderesque attitude with very little evidence (all anecdotal). Had you presented as "has this ever happened to you?" AFTER you contacted them and failed to get a satisfactory resolution, then your error would not be so magnified.

But the first step is to contact them. NOT blast to the internet. You (still) don't have all the facts (their resolution).

Had you done this properly and contacted them, they could have given you a reason or apology. Both of which would certainly have removed all need for this thread. A reason might have been justified ("sorry our warehouse power went out!") or they might have simply said "oops! software glitch. Here's your $4 and a gift voucher". You'd have been satisfied and there would have been no pattern for which other customers should have been alerted to.

Now if they came back and said "how that works is this... on the day we get to your order, it will be first in line, so it doesn't guarantee to ship the day you order, just gets priority that day we fulfill it" THEN you would have had a statement from them that the policy isn't all that great. And that would be worth letting others know.

I know there are many others who are like me who do not like to complain to a company for a myriad of reasons. You can look up why customers do not complain. I do not care if they refund the money. I also do not care what the actual policy is at this point. The advertisement for this option is very misleading if this photo doesn't mean what one would assume it means. The fact is that this has happened and I will not fall for it again. I hope others don't either.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charles Boyung
United States
Brookfield
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
shaneslunchbox wrote:
klkitchens wrote:
shaneslunchbox wrote:
klkitchens wrote:
shaneslunchbox wrote:
captds9e wrote:

I know there are many others who are like me who do not like to complain to a company for a myriad of reasons. You can look up why customers do not complain. I do not care if they refund the money. I also do not care what the actual policy is at this point. The advertisement for this option is very misleading if this photo doesn't mean what one would assume it means. The fact is that this has happened and I will not fall for it again. I hope others don't either.

You are continuing to ignore the fact that MISTAKES HAPPEN. That photo DOES MEAN what one would assume it means, but someone MADE A MISTAKE. It happens. You've never made a mistake?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jimmy Okolica
United States
Washington Township
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
klkitchens wrote:
shaneslunchbox wrote:
captds9e wrote:

Has anyone posting in this thread ever done this "Ship Today for $3.99" option and gotten it shipped out today?

If not, then I for one am glad that the OP posted this. It may be a new CSI policy. It may be something we're they're still working out the kinks and it may work out in the end. However, from the posts I've seen on this thread, no one else has used this successfully. So the next time I check out, I won't use this option (assuming it comes up) unless I hear something differently in this thread.

I don't see how the OP is blasting CSI. They're just making the BGG community that what is a potentially new feature of CSI didn't work as stated for them. Why the hate?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin L. Kitchens
United States
Gainesville
Georgia
flag msg tools
designer
Snowflakes Melt
badge
Snowflakes Melt
mbmbmbmbmb
Butterfly0038 wrote:
I don't see how the OP is blasting CSI. They're just making the BGG community that what is a potentially new feature of CSI didn't work as stated for them. Why the hate?

Why mischaracterize common sense for hate?

From the OP, first sentence

"I just wanted to post this to inform people of something that CSI advertises and charges for, but it is misleading and false advertisement."

Neither of which he bothered to prove true at all.

He libeled them from the beginning.

So yeah... blasting the company.

Although I never said he was blasting the company, I said he was blasting (blaring, trumpeting, etc) on the internet.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brodie
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
shaneslunchbox wrote:

Inquiring about a policy != complaining
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jimmy Okolica
United States
Washington Township
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
klkitchens wrote:
Butterfly0038 wrote:

Why mischaracterize hate for common sense
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin L. Kitchens
United States
Gainesville
Georgia
flag msg tools
designer
Snowflakes Melt
badge
Snowflakes Melt
mbmbmbmbmb
Butterfly0038 wrote:
klkitchens wrote:
Butterfly0038 wrote:

Why mischaracterize hate for common sense

No hate coming from our "side". He made an error and he was called on it. Instead of realizing his mistake, he's doubled and tripled down on it.

Now it's just getting funny and silly and sad.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jimmy Okolica
United States
Washington Township
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
klkitchens wrote:
shaneslunchbox wrote:

You make your weak case weaker with each post.

When and if you get married, I hope your wife doesn't make a single mistake.

but you wouldn't call this hating? I may not know proper internet "speak" but this sure sounds like a personal attack.

Reading what you wrote in your other posts (misleading and false advertisement, I now agree the OP's comments were over the top concerning CSI. He should have contacted CSI first and he should have worked his first sentence differently. However, I still haven't seen anyone said that this new policy has worked for them. So I think raising awareness is good.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cory Kelso
United States
Racine
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yo they had a hurricane. I deal with Fed Ex for my job, and Fed Ex still makes sure to let you know that there may be delays on anything going to or from or through TX or FL.

I suppose the idea is that the extra $3.99 is so that CSI will ferry the games to the nearest shipper location? But even that seems kind of unreasonable to me. I think I'd charge more than $3.99 for that, if I was CSI.

Crying on BGG about this one sad point of data is ridiculous.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamie A
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
The problem here is that lack of perfection is already and always a given.

shaneslunchbox wrote:
it is misleading and false advertisement
You don't know that yet.
shaneslunchbox wrote:
a company should not offer a service that it cannot deliver on
True, but you haven't shown that.
shaneslunchbox wrote:
misleading option for shipping
You haven't shown that.
shaneslunchbox wrote:
Is it a coincidence that this is the first time I used the option and this happens? Maybe, maybe not.
Exactly. So again, you've provided no useful information.
shaneslunchbox wrote:
it is misleading and false advertisement
You don't know that yet.
shaneslunchbox wrote:
give warning to those looking into that shipping option in the future
Since lack of perfection is a given, this warning of lack of perfection adds nothing.

Future incidents, or follow up with CSI by you, will determine if this is a useful data point. Until then, it's hyperbole.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Hammel
United States
Los Angeles
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
OP didn't contact customer service, didn't read the policy and responded to fair criticism with snark and rudeness. Yet again, nothing to see here. This thread should be locked and sent into the abyss.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.