Hide
9 Posts

Aeon's End: War Eternal» Forums » Strategy

Subject: Tips on using Malastar? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
K M
msg tools
Played a 4 player game last night and I used Malastar. I found him terribly difficult to use as immolate takes its toll if there are no healers. He's almost always a handicap on offense. I also found that the number of charges required to use his ability is a bit high. Any tips on how to fit him in a 4 player game or any optimal strategies? Or is he only situational for certain nemesis/market setups?

For reference, I played against Thrice Dead Prophet other 3 mages were Quilius, Gex, and Garu.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrik Severinsson
Sweden
Sundbyberg
Sundbyberg
flag msg tools
...microbrewed beer.
badge
...more hops, better die rolls.
mbmbmbmbmb
He's all about economy. Buy expensive stuff and thin his deck. He's a monster in the late game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Crazed Survivor
France
flag msg tools
The Orzhov welcome you. Please leave your belongings with the Obzedat. They are not yours anymore.
badge
Hi, I'm a european crested tit, and a very small punk rocker!
mbmbmbmbmb
I never played 4 players
But against Blight Lord, give him all the Tainted JAdes and laugh like a maniac.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad
United States
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've only played with him once in a 3 player game, and he was a monster. We trickled all of the 1 or 2 damage attacks to him and tanked the bigger hits on the other two mages. His "offense" is all about using his ability to give other players big spells when they need to hit something hard. This is a more indirect method, but it can really help adapt to whatever the situation is if the market has been kind on versatile effects.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anon Y. Mous
msg tools
mbmb
Malastar is generally pure support. Open your III breach as soon as possible, and prep your Immolate to it, then be the one that volunteers for damage. Use your insane starting economy to build charges, then get expensive spells into people's decks. Disintegrating Scythe also synergizes really well, you can buy it for someone else, get it into your deck, then use it to build charges while also doing damage. You'll probably want some sort of healing if you're going to be aggressive with that though. Eventually you'll want to open your II for the Immolate, leaving the III and IV for other spells, but III can be opened on turn 1.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
alex michaud
Canada
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
how can you open breach 3 on the first turn?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anon Y. Mous
msg tools
mbmb
It starts in the up position, so you can pay 3 to open it immediately. I believe it's the only +1 damage breach that does. You can either use this for Immolate, or you can have a more aggressive start before transitioning into support once you can build charges more easily.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
alex michaud
Canada
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmb

that not what i see here

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anon Y. Mous
msg tools
mbmb
Looks like an earlier playtest revision, as the ability is also worded differently from the final one.

https://boardgamegeek.com/image/3789097/razoupaf?size=medium
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.