Anachronism» Forums » General

Subject: Season 3 mail-in promos super rare? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Lou Lessing
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've been trying to track down the last few Anachronism warrior packs I don't own.

The 16 warriors available in packs and the 2 from the starter set for each set have generally been no problem. The 2 mail in promos from each set, unsurprisingly, are more expensive and harder to find, but I've managed to find them all for 20-30 bucks each except for two.

The two promos from Set 3, Siegfried and Makataimeshekiakiak, have proven more difficult. There's one of each on ebay, for 200 bucks each. The person selling them claims they're much rarer than the other mail-in promos. Does anyone know why that might be? Do you think it's just an Ebay seller BSing to try to make money?

Alternatively, does anybody have one or both of those promo packs they'd be willing to part with? I'm happy to pay more than $30 for them, just not $200 each...

(I am also interested in any and all P-numbered tournament promos, and a set 5 16-pack box, if anyone has those for sale. I have an extra set 3 16-pack box to trade, also.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Florent Leguern Conciergerie Easylife
France
Crolles
France
flag msg tools
Solo soul
badge
Always look on the... *sigh* ... bright side of life !
mbmbmbmbmb
I suppose you want them in english ?

From what I've just seen, at least in french, there's a possibility to have all the 60 promos for 25€ (around 30$). The special pack is available for 10€.

So you should maybe reconsider... I'd guess the english versions were more readily available in the US laugh

I'm still looking for some Characters too... but it's a difficult quest

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lou Lessing
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There seem to be sets of all 60 promos in French for sale, but I've never seen an English one. Unfortunately, I definitely want them in English. It'll probably be an ongoing project.

The last few sets were always going to be tough to find. I'll keep looking.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
France
Crolles
France
flag msg tools
Solo soul
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm having troubles finding the very first sets. I shudder when I imagine people having those, and tossing them away, not aware people might be interested in them laugh

Good luck with your chase

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lou Lessing
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I managed to put together a complete set 1 and set 2 in English without too much work. It's probably harder to get them in French.

I got the 16 main packs from wholesalegaming.com and the starter decks and mail-in warriors on ebay. (I'm still missing p-numbered promos.)

Good luck with your chase as well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
carapippino carapippino
Italy
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
as for promos, i have chan zhang in english

are you looking for any other english anachronism material after your recent purchases?

p.s. i have a french boxed siegfried as well

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
France
Crolles
France
flag msg tools
Solo soul
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm fine to have the cards in either french or english. At this point, it's for the collection, and the historic value laugh

I should take a closer look at ebay, actually...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lou Lessing
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
carapippino wrote:
as for promos, i have chan zhang in english

are you looking for any other english anachronism material after your recent purchases?

p.s. i have a french boxed siegfried as well :)

Yes I am, potentially. Apart from Siegfried and Makataimeshekiakiak:

- Tournament promos (so I'm interested in Chan Zhang)
- Regular warrior packs from set 5 (but probably only if you have all 16, I don't think I'm going to have to hunt for those piecemeal.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
carapippino carapippino
Italy
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
i have only 2 english set 5 warriors packs (1 boxed, 1 loose), so i'm afraid i can send to you only chan zhang

just pm your address

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls