J.D. Hall
United States
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
I checked, and no, she's not a Libertarian.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017/10/16/alien-abductee-mo...

Best news: aliens from other planets look like hot, blonde, white women. I can see it now....

"Dear Penthouse, I was driving home after working the late shift when this light appeared in the sky...
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam I am
United States
Portage
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
What did I tell you...
badge
NO PICKLE!
Avatar
mb


Not there isn't any NSFW moments.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carl Parsons
United States
Carrollton
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Sounds about par for Florida.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chief Slovenly
United States
Burlington
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow, just LOOK AT ALL THE JOURNALISM:

The Roger Ailes Style Guide wrote:
The aliens weren’t green little men with antennas and buggy eyes. She told two TV hosts -- both female journalists with long, lustrous blond hair -- that the aliens “looked just like you.”


They're slipping, though - they managed to leave out the women's legs for the Creepy Leering Theatre of the Macabre.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J J
Australia
flag msg tools
Huh. I read that comic years ago. It wasn't very good, and was cancelled.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Junior McSpiffy
United States
Riverton
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, if the probe doesn't take the first time, of COURSE you're gonna get reabducted.

1 
 Thumb up
0.25
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shawn Fox
United States
Richardson
Texas
flag msg tools
Question everything
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Why is it that most people have no issue with making fun of crazy people who believe in UFOs but everyone gets offended when I make fun of religious people? Especially those who follow recent versions that have clearly been made up, such as Mormonism.

The thing is, I don't think believing in UFOs makes someone a bad person any more than I think believing in Elohim does. That doesn't mean it isn't a completely ridiculous thing to believe in. People who adhere to ridiculous beliefs deserve to be ridiculed. That includes this woman who believes in UFOs as well as Christians, Muslims, Buddhists, Mormons, Scientologists, Hindus, and all the rest. The only real difference between this woman and the people who follow the various world religions is the number of people in each group.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chief Slovenly
United States
Burlington
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
In the age of Trump, Tick is the hero we need.

SPOON!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Junior McSpiffy
United States
Riverton
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
sfox wrote:
The only real difference between this woman and the people who follow the various world religions is the number of people in each group.


And, you know, the overarching morality, directive toward inner reflection, service inspired, sense of community....
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Cook
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
Which is more believable

- woman deducted by aliens
- tax cuts for rich pay for themselves

And yet only republicans who believe the first are called crazy
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carl Parsons
United States
Carrollton
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
GameCrossing wrote:
sfox wrote:
The only real difference between this woman and the people who follow the various world religions is the number of people in each group.


And, you know, the overarching morality, directive toward inner reflection, service inspired, sense of community....


What does that have to do with aliens?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Junior McSpiffy
United States
Riverton
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
batman wrote:
GameCrossing wrote:
sfox wrote:
The only real difference between this woman and the people who follow the various world religions is the number of people in each group.


And, you know, the overarching morality, directive toward inner reflection, service inspired, sense of community....


What does that have to do with aliens?


 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Beaton
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
I have a cunning plan
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
sfox wrote:
Why is it that most people have no issue with making fun of crazy people who believe in UFOs but everyone gets offended when I make fun of religious people? Especially those who follow recent versions that have clearly been made up, such as Mormonism.

The thing is, I don't think believing in UFOs makes someone a bad person any more than I think believing in Elohim does. That doesn't mean it isn't a completely ridiculous thing to believe in. People who adhere to ridiculous beliefs deserve to be ridiculed. That includes this woman who believes in UFOs as well as Christians, Muslims, Buddhists, Mormons, Scientologists, Hindus, and all the rest. The only real difference between this woman and the people who follow the various world religions is the number of people in each group.


I think it's the direct personal experience that does it. Sure, I believe in the probability of alien life, but claiming that I'd been abducted twice is more like claiming that the voice of god gives me commands through my fillings than saying I believe in a god.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
AJ Cooper
msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmb
EMBison wrote:
Which is more believable

- woman deducted by aliens
- tax cuts for rich pay for themselves

And yet only republicans who believe the first are called crazy

Hmm, could aliens intelligent enough to cross space deduce the existence of women? At least it's plausible.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.