Doug Adams
Australia
Oakleigh
Victoria
flag msg tools
badge
Nearing Weathertop
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm struggling a little with the German rules... exactly what happens after scoring at Kantshou?

Here is my attempt...

The players on the scoring locations 6, 5, ..., 1 receive their gold chests.
These players move their caravans to Kantshou (so they all occupy the same space, right?)
Then the players who didn't make it to the scoring locations move their caravans to Kantshou.
Play continues to the left of the player who triggered the Kantshou scoring...

This doesn't sound quite right, mainly because elsewhere in the rules it says only one caravan can occupy one space. Suddenly they all pile up at Kantshou?

Some help would be appreciated

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Johan Berglind
Sweden
Kungälv
Unspecified
flag msg tools
Re:Scoring at Kantshou?
dougadamsau (#30087),

As I recall - I don't have the rules right now - the players do move automatically to Kantshou, but only those who scored. Players behind scoring locations move in a normal fashion until they reach the first scoring location after which they automatically move to Kantshou.
And yes, it does violate the rule of at most one caravan in one space. But that's the way we interpreted it.

What actually happens is that as soon as anyone is in a reasonable distance of Kantshou, every one else hurries to reach the scoring positions, so as not to fall too far behind in gold chests. So the situation when someone does not make it tho scoring positions should be rare.

Johan.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doug Adams
Australia
Oakleigh
Victoria
flag msg tools
badge
Nearing Weathertop
mbmbmbmbmb
Re:Scoring at Kantshou?
Thank Johan, I've had a closer look at the rules and it appears to match what you have said. Those who didn't make it to a scoring location "teleport" to Kantshou when they reach one of the spaces.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Tyler
United States
Orem
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The rules state that "Play continues to the left of the player who triggered the Kantshou scoring..."

Does play continue immediately after a player reaches Kantshou, or do players wait (and draw cards in normal clockwise order) at Kantshou until all players (those not in scoring positions) finally reach the first scoring position and teleport to Kantshou? If it is the latter, then that means some players turns will be skipped when the player to the left of the Kantshou triggerer starts the second half of the game.

Thanks for your help on this one.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.