Subject: Session Report rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Christopher Degeyter
United States
LaPlace
Louisiana
flag msg tools
I got my shipment of two new games last night and went ahead and played them right away.

The First game out of the box was Lost Cities. I had already read the rules and some reviews here at BGG so I pretty much knew the rules. I skimmed the official rules just to make sure I had a handle on them and sat town to play this game with my 10 yo son.

The first round taught me the lesson to plan ahead so as to have enough time to play all of the cards in your hand that you want. I finished the round with a 9 and 10 for an expedition that I ended up losing on.

After the first round my son was ahead by 11

The second round went better for me, and I still mistimed the ending, but I didnt lose on any of th ethree expeditions.

I won the second round by 1 point but I was still down by 10.
In the third round, my son started and placed a green investment card on the discard pile. I played a green investment from my hand (I had the 7 9 and 10) and picked up the one he discarded. I then played the second green investment on my next turn.
The round continued and I eventually had the 4, 5, 7, 9 and 10 of green so I got 45 points just for that expedition. This helped me to pass him up and win the game.

Final score was 110ish to 80ish.

Overall we both enjoyed the game and second guessing each other. We look forward to a second game soon.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.