Popular Tags: [View All]
Greg Schloesser
United States
Jefferson City
TN
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
High Society has always been a personal favorite, but like far too many games, I simply don’t get to play it often enough. That is truly a shame. The game was out-of-print for many years, so a whole new crop of gamers had yet to experience its pleasures. So, I was thrilled to learn that UberPlay was re-releasing the game. I was even more pleased when I saw the artwork and quality, which is top-notch.

For those unfamiliar with the game, I’ll direct you to my review, which appears on the Westbank Gamers website.

Keith, Steve, Jim, Joey and I bid for wealth and riches, while trying to avoid the undesirable cards. Keith spent heavily early and enjoyed considerable wealth – and a healthy lead. I managed to scoop a few cards late, but was still behind Keith in terms of wealth. The fourth “red” card surfaced very early, ending the game with five commodity cards still unrevealed. This proved Keith’s undoing, as he was left with the least cash remaining, thereby eliminating him from contention. This worked in my favor, as it left me with the victory.

Finals: Greg 8, Joey 1.5, Jim 0, Steve 0, Keith – OUT

Ratings: Greg 8, Joey 8, Keith 7, Jim 6.5, Steve 5

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.