Ian Fisher
Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Blood

Debut game by Ian Fisher
Entering in the 2017 Mint Tin Challenge
https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1834478/2017-mint-tin-desig...
Overview
A 2 player no board game to fit in a mint tin. An engaging chess like game of strategy. Incorporates hand management, tile laying and tile movement. Raises awareness about blood.
Components
1 x Set rules
40 x Blood cells (2x20)

Hot tip:
The rules fold into a pamphlet. Print A4 and cut circles below into individual cards or stick the paper cut outs onto 25mm(1inch) plastic counters.
Play time
1 hour
A little bit more...
Each player shuffles their stack of cells and takes 3. During your turn you may either Play one or move one cell already played (according to its movement pattern). Draw up to 3. Newly placed cells should not be adjoining opponent cells. Cells must be linked. You can not strand or separate. Cells must be able to physically slide into spaces (Flowing atop is the exception). Turn passes to opponent if unable to move or place. Surround opponents red blood cells to remove from play. A winner is declared once all cells are in play and all their opponents red cells are removed from play.

The concept of this game simulates what happens if you take two different blood types and put them together. Basically your white blood cells attack foreign red cells. If you like this game please consider the importance of donating blood at your local blood bank

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marcel Stipetic
Greece
Kalyvia/Lagonissi
Attika
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Blood - 2 player mint tin tile laying - Public Playtesting. Printed Components are available. Game may be changed as a result of playtesting.
Hi Ian. As a regular blood donor and a clinical researcher, this looks interesting. However, I'm not sure the rules are clear enough. Not for me anyway. Would it be possible to elaborate a bit more in this thread about a player turn, for example?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Fisher
Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Blood - 2 player mint tin tile laying - Public Playtesting. Printed Components are available. Game may be changed as a result of playtesting.
Hi Marcel,

I congratulate you on your invaluable contributions to all whom have benefited from your donations and research.

On your turn;

Either Move an existing placed cell according to their movement rules.
OR
Place one of the three cells you are holding from your shuffled stack (must place to start).

End of turn draw from you stack(if you placed) to make three to choose from on your next turn.

The objective of the game is to encircle your opponents red blood cells. An encircled red blood cell is removed from play. A winner is declared when their opponent has no red blood cells in play (this will occur long after the draw stack is depleted).

I hope this helps to clarify. Perhaps the rules are a little scant

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Fisher
Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Poisonguy wrote:
Hi Ian. As a regular blood donor and a clinical researcher, this looks interesting. However, I'm not sure the rules are clear enough. Not for me anyway. Would it be possible to elaborate a bit more in this thread about a player turn, for example?

I have made some mnor ammenments to the rules

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls