Popular Tags: [View All]
Milki Kaplanski
Germany
Bremen
Germany
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've been thinking about picking up the game at SPIEL and was wondering which version would be more suitable for me. I'm a German native but I haven't watched any German TV since years. I do watch a lot of series and movies though, but in English (except for NCIS, started that years ago in German and could never get used to the original voices afterwards ;> ). Will I even get the humour in the German version? I took a look at those German exclusive cards and I gotta admit, I only recognise the advertisements and Thomas Gottschalk.. who are the others? Oo

Has anyone seen more of it and can comment on the quality of the translation? :)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Theuerkaufer
Germany
Freiburg
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
miruki wrote:
I've been thinking about picking up the game at SPIEL and was wondering which version would be more suitable for me. I'm a German native but I haven't watched any German TV since years. I do watch a lot of series and movies though, but in English (except for NCIS, started that years ago in German and could never get used to the original voices afterwards ;> ). Will I even get the humour in the German version? I took a look at those German exclusive cards and I gotta admit, I only recognise the advertisements and Thomas Gottschalk.. who are the others? Oo

Has anyone seen more of it and can comment on the quality of the translation?
Hi Milki, the translation was done by us, Board Game Circus. We are regularly doing board game translations and were chosen by Board & Dice to make sure we hit the nail on the head regarding the humor and German idioms. This is not the first game containing a certain humor that we translated, so I am very confident that you will enjoy it.

Der Kartentext ist bei den meisten Karten relativ kurz. Viele Karten haben im Wesentlichen nur eine titelgebende ├ťberschrift. Wirklich viel kann da nicht schief gehen. Ich schaue auch vorwiegend US-Serien, ich konnte dennoch nicht alle Anspielungen und Referenzen direkt erkennen. Mein Partner Alex, der Haupt├╝bersetzer, kannte wiederum andere als ich. Und der Autor des Spiels, Gil Hova, hat uns Input gegeben. Einige Anspielungen blieben Referenzen auf US Serien, da die Illustration nicht zu einem deutschen Pendant passen wollte.

Ich schlage vor, du schaust dir das Spiel in Essen an, dann kannst du dir eine eigene Meinung bilden.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls