Popular Tags: [View All]
Greg Schloesser
United States
Jefferson City
TN
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
As with Oasis, I had the opportunity to play Attika several more times during the course of the recently completed Gulf Games 13 in Pensacola Beach. I continue to find the game intriguing, even though I do believe that the luck-of-the-draw does play a significant role. Still, the game is fun to play and offers some interesting choices and decisions.

Darren, Angelo , John and I vied to construct the most important city on the Greek mainland. Angelo was the first to threaten a connection, coming within one hex of successfully linking two temples. On two consecutive rounds, we were unable to seal-off the two hexes he needed. We did manage to seal one, but one remained. Fortunately for the rest of us, he was unable to place the final piece to secure the victory.

John also threatened a connection, but was thwarted by both Darren and I. Unfortunately, we were unable to stop Darren from an “end-run” maneuver, which allowed him to connect two temples and claim the victory.

Ratings: Angelo 7.5, Greg 7.5, Darren 6.5, John 6

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.