Subject: how long does 3-4 players take? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Charlie Mason
United States
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools

IT takes about 3 hours to play a 5-player game.

What's the average for 3 players and 4 players?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Stimson
United States
Menomonee Falls
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Re:how long does 3-4 players take?
cmason692001 (#30142),

3 hours for 5 players? Do you games regularly end early, or do they go the full term? Our games last more like 4 or 5 hours, and rarely end early. Since a lot of the actions are simultanious, there isn't a lot of time saved with fewer players.

So I'd say in your case since it seems you play pretty quickly.

2++ hours for 3 player and
22.5++ hours for 4 player

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Felix Dykhne
United States
Brooklyn
United States
flag msg tools
mb
cmason692001 (#30142),

Our games last under 3 hours on average, regardless of the ammount of players. turns, at least in my playgroup. I think some of us are just I think once everyone knows what they are doing the game goes by faster. Also, it is very rare for a game to go full 10 turns. I guess some of us are a lot more blood-thrithty then others angry

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charlie Mason
United States
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
stayman (#30145),

Our games almost never go over 3 hours. I can't imagine taking 4-5 hours to play AGoT!

cmason

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Menno Schakel
United States
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
Our games tend to run much longer. about 6 to 7 hours. Even our 4 player games tend to run that long.
We were surprised when recently we played a game in 2 1/2 hours. Everyone was like:"What did we do wrong?"
But there seems to be a lot of politics and diplomacy involved in our games.
Luckily I don't mind those long games.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Stimson
United States
Menomonee Falls
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Wolfie (#33649),

I'll say it again, on average in my group AGoT is at least 4 hours, might even be more than 5 on average. I'll admit though that my group is more methodical than most groups. There tends to be a lot of negotiation, I mean a lot of negotiation. Framkly it isn't any shorter or longer than Diplomacy.

I should add that in my group the game has never ended early, lasting all ten rounds. We work together to stop anyone from winning early. All this takes time to coordinate.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Brooks
Canada
Unspecified
Quebec
flag msg tools
cmason692001 (#30142),
I've bought the game a month ago and I play during lunch time with 3 of my coworkers at least 3 times a week...
We play without any diplomacy and its everyone for himself.:0
We only have an hour, so the guys play really aggressiveangry and always try different startegies:0 so everyone has fun.
It happens that our game last less than an hour, but most of the time we declare the victor with the most fortress after an hour.
These short game are lots of fun and help you find new strategies
John

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.