Legendary: A Marvel Deck Building Game» Forums » Rules

Subject: Scheme adding extra villains rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Rafael Sanchez
United States
California
flag msg tools
Hello, everybody. Long time lurker, first time poster.

I'm wondering if there are any general rules with regards to schemes and masterminds both forcing the inclusion of certain cards.

Example, some schemes say to include a specific henchmen group. If you are fighting Dr. Doom you are already including the Doombot Legion as a henchmen group. In a 4 or 5 player game, no problem, the scheme is determining your second henchmen group. What do you do in a 2 or 3 player game? Does the scheme replace the Doombots or do you add the second as an extra henchmen group?

Similarly, some schemes force you to include two villain groups, like Skrull + Kree. A 2-player game only has two villain groups, so if the mastermind adds a villain group (like most masterminds do) do you replace the mastermind's group in order to use both the scheme groups or do you just play with an additional villain group?

And sure, I know you can always play however you like, just wondering first if UpperDeck has come out with anything official on this.

Probably a sillier, but has anyone played Galactus + Nuclear Armageddon? Did you keep two separate countdowns or just lose once strikes + twists = 5 and consider this setup impossible mode difficulty?

Thanks, all.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Walker
United States
Madison Heights
Virginia
flag msg tools
See the Legendary forums for monthly solo leagues!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Welcome, Rafael! There's a large FAQ wiki here which contains the answer to your question.

Quote:
Setup
Q: If a Scheme’s "Special Rules" and a Mastermind’s "Always Leads" effects conflict, which one takes priority? For example, if I am playing Dr. Doom, who Always Leads the Doombot Legion with the Organized Crime Wave, which says I have to use Maggia Goons as one of the Henchmen groups, and the setup only says to use one Henchmen group, which group do I use?

A: The Scheme always takes priority over the "Always Leads" ability on Masterminds. So in this case, for example, if you were playing with 1, 2, or 3 players to defeat Dr. Doom’s Organized Crime Wave you would only use the Maggia Goons. If you were playing with 4 or 5 players you would then use both Doombot Legion and Maggia Goons, and would not randomly select a different Henchmen group. Source: Devin

https://www.boardgamegeek.com/wiki/page/Legendary_Marvel_FAQ

Feel free to ask any other questions you have!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rafael Sanchez
United States
California
flag msg tools
Thanks for the reply! Currently working on my own randomizer. Now I can be sure to take that rule into account.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin H

Maine
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
latinogamer wrote:
Probably a sillier, but has anyone played Galactus + Nuclear Armageddon? Did you keep two separate countdowns or just lose once strikes + twists = 5 and consider this setup impossible mode difficulty

You lose when the sum of Master Strikes and/or Scheme Twists equal 5. The lose conditions is when the city is destroyed, not when all the Master Strikes or Scheme twists are played. If a MS destroys the Bridge, then the next ST you play will destroy the Streets since it's the spot closest to the MM.

I've never played this setup, but I did play Galactus and "Crush Them With My Bare Hands". That was over fast...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls