Popular Tags: [View All]
Jerome Nowak
United States
Ann Arbor
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey yall,

I think I want to re-base and potentially paint my minis, and it will probably take me quite a while, so in the meantime I was hoping to simply use the monster tokens.

My question is this: does anyone know of nice looking, inexpensive stands that will hold the monster tokens upright, to give them a better feel on the board?

(I searched a bit in the forums and didnt see anything)

-Rome
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Per Ekstrand
Sweden
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi,
I suspect you might find many ideas if you check the Arkham Horror discussions as tokens is all we got in that game.

This is what I did for my Arkham Horror monsters back in the day:
AH Stands

BR,
Per
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jerome Nowak
United States
Ann Arbor
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
cheneplage wrote:
Hi,
I suspect you might find many ideas if you check the Arkham Horror discussions as tokens is all we got in that game.

This is what I did for my Arkham Horror monsters back in the day:
AH Stands

BR,
Per

Yup, I think this might work! Buying the sheets in stores maybe a little too pricey for my blood, but it looks like Amazon has some cheaper options for me. Thanks a bunch!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Burgess
United Kingdom
Chichester
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey, just FYI my group uses the base cards as standard (we hate the minis), and they look fine just laying down. Just letting you know in case it saves you money and agro
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jerome Nowak
United States
Ann Arbor
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
mattpburgess wrote:
Hey, just FYI my group uses the base cards as standard (we hate the minis), and they look fine just laying down. Just letting you know in case it saves you money and agro

I guess having them stand up would help add to the immersion, thats all I was thinking.

These transparencies are a little more work than I was hoping for. I would like to find just standee holders or whatever that would fit the chits without tearing them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Burgess
United Kingdom
Chichester
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Do you own Dead of Winter? I found there were a few leftover from DoW that I suspect might be perfect.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jerome Nowak
United States
Ann Arbor
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
mattpburgess wrote:
Do you own Dead of Winter? I found there were a few leftover from DoW that I suspect might be perfect.

Nope, I do not.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jerome Nowak
United States
Ann Arbor
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It looks like Fantasy Flight sells plastic stands. I wonder if these would work with the monster chits...

https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/products/fantasy-fligh...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Janne
Finland
Tampere
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
jnowak415 wrote:
It looks like Fantasy Flight sells plastic stands. I wonder if these would work with the monster chits...

https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/products/fantasy-fligh...
Yes. I'm using those. They are the FFG standard standees included in many of their games using tokens, eg. Arkham Horror, Battlestar Galactica etc.
I have like 50+ surplus of them since most game don't require you to use all of them at once. Guess they are assuming that you'll store everything in stands, but it'll take much more space than without.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gutripper
Denmark
Copenhagen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The FF stands are good - I am thinking of getting these in clear which are a lot cheaper

http://spielpro.com/plastic-card-stand-round-20mm/
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jerome Nowak
United States
Ann Arbor
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Gutripper wrote:
The FF stands are good - I am thinking of getting these in clear which are a lot cheaper

http://spielpro.com/plastic-card-stand-round-20mm/

Oh yeah, nice! I wish I KNEW if these worked before ordering them...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls