Popular Tags: [View All]
Terry Gough
United Kingdom
Brighton
East Sussex
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The initial turn saw everyone hit between 5 and 7 towns. Despite complaining that his plan was scuppered by the placement of the second tile of the game, Paul managed to tie for the lead after all the way along the south border of the board. The Boogs legendary patience was again on display, when on his turn he just dropeed a pile of cards and took a handful of tokens, no-one decided to challenge his move. The pieces were split at this time between north and south of the board. The second round saw Andy and Steve claim big hauls, whilst Tel and Boog struggled to get 3. After the end of the third round it was quite obvious that there were two battles going on, Andy, Paul, Steve and Oggie were all in with a shout of winning, whilst Tel and Boog were looking to avoid the wooden spoon. Everyone bar Tel was in the North East of the board, with Tel camped out South West. Something happened next which I have never seen before nor expect to again. The fourth round finished with four of the players having not played their obstacle tiles. The Gamers of Piddinghoe usually never miss an opportunity to stitch as many players as possible, so to have everyone pass whilst 4 players could still wreak havoc is inconceivable. This worked to Steves advantage as he managed collect all 20 of his tokens and finish in his designated city. Andy and Paul were only 1 token behind (with Andy having more cards left) with Oggie an additional 1 behind these two. Tel managed to just pip Boog, to avoid the wooden spoon. All of us managed to finish in our respective cities.

In the opinion of most of our group (Boog being the exception) this is one of the better 6 player games around. Boog is not a fan claiming that there is too much downtime. Personally I don’t find this an issue as I'm usually trying to work out what to do on my turn.

Final Scores
Steve 20, Andy 19, Paul 19, Oggie 18, Tel 16, Boog 15

Ratings / 10
Steve 8, Andy 8, Paul 8, Oggie 8, Tel 8, Boog 6

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.