Recommend
 
 Thumb up
 Hide
13 Posts

Xia: Legends of a Drift System» Forums » Rules

Subject: Cold Phoenix - Wormhole Ripper + Smuggling Question rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
James Kirk
msg tools
mbmbmb
Last night I was using the COld Phoenix and did a smuggling mission, i used the wormhole ripper to appear on the mission point of a planet to complete the mission. Do I still roll for the smuggling attempt which states to roll on 'entering the planet' or since i appeared from a wormhole did i bypass the entering the planet part?

 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Randy D

Wyoming
Michigan
msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
You did not pass through the entrance gate so you do not need to roll... you snuck in undetected.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Kirk
msg tools
mbmbmb
perfect thank you, that was my thought just wanted a second opinion.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trogdor The Burninator
Canada
Nanaimo
B.C.
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I disagree. You have still "entered the planet".
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Randy D

Wyoming
Michigan
msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
CrackTheSky wrote:
I disagree. You have still "entered the planet".

Regarding planets, the rules state that a player receives a bounty in these 2 situations:
- Cross any planetary shields instead of using the entrance (rolling 11-17).
- Innocent ship passes through outlaw planetary entrance.

In the situation presented here, neither of these situations occur. The ship simply transported through a wormhole directly onto the planet without passing through the entrance or the shield. Therefore, no bounty is accrued and the ship remains innocent.

However, if the player attempts to leave the outlaw planet through the entrance or the shield (rolling 11-17), then they will receive a bounty for being seen associating with outlaws.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Randy D

Wyoming
Michigan
msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
jtkirk86 wrote:
smuggling mission ... Do I still roll for the smuggling attempt which states to roll on 'entering the planet'?

Hmm, I misread your original post to mean you were asking if you get a bounty when entering an outlaw planet via wormhole. In that case you do not for the reasons I described above.

However, you are asking if wormholing onto a planet meets the requirement listed on a smuggling mission as 'entering the planet' which triggers the die roll. That is a different situation altogether for which I'd have to check the rules.

[Edit]
From a thematic and strictly as-written point of view, it would seem you would roll the die in this case since you have 'entered the planet', albeit through means other than the planetary shield or its entrance. Had the card referenced the shield or its entrance, it would be a different story, but since you describe that it mentions simply 'entering the planet', regardless how that is achieved, it would seem you would roll in this case.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tor Sverre Lund
Norway
Trondheim
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Agreed, you should absolutely roll.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Odyzeus Longbow
msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I was very surprised reading this, as I've never noticed that this is written on the card.

We perform the roll upon the mission point itself, as you try to hand off the goods and have a chance to be caught red handed.
It is one of the riskier missions but also a very rewarding one.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trogdor The Burninator
Canada
Nanaimo
B.C.
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
However, if the player attempts to leave the outlaw planet through the entrance or the shield (rolling 11-17), then they will receive a bounty for being seen associating with outlaws.


True, but an often over-looked rule makes things different for exiting Lawful Planets:

(p.13. under: Planets - Lawful)
Any Outlaw ship cannot enter (but may exit) through the Planetary Entrance.

As I read it, only Innocent ships get tagged with a bounty on the way out through the Entrance of an Outlaw Planet, assuming they successfully entered the Planet without gaining a bounty already (rolling 18-20 on a D20).
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Randy D

Wyoming
Michigan
msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
CrackTheSky wrote:
Quote:
However, if the player attempts to leave the outlaw planet through the entrance or the shield (rolling 11-17), then they will receive a bounty for being seen associating with outlaws.


True, but an often over-looked rule makes things different for exiting Lawful Planets:

(p.13. under: Planets - Lawful)
Any Outlaw ship cannot enter (but may exit) through the Planetary Entrance.

As I read it, only Innocent ships get tagged with a bounty on the way out through the Entrance of an Outlaw Planet, assuming they successfully entered the Planet without gaining a bounty already (rolling 18-20 on a D20).

That is how I read it as well.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Odyzeus Longbow
msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
randyd42 wrote:
CrackTheSky wrote:
Quote:
However, if the player attempts to leave the outlaw planet through the entrance or the shield (rolling 11-17), then they will receive a bounty for being seen associating with outlaws.


True, but an often over-looked rule makes things different for exiting Lawful Planets:

(p.13. under: Planets - Lawful)
Any Outlaw ship cannot enter (but may exit) through the Planetary Entrance.

As I read it, only Innocent ships get tagged with a bounty on the way out through the Entrance of an Outlaw Planet, assuming they successfully entered the Planet without gaining a bounty already (rolling 18-20 on a D20).

That is how I read it as well.

That's how we read it too.
you pass through the Entrance whether you are entering or leaving.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tor Sverre Lund
Norway
Trondheim
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Also, the planet may not have been Outlaw when he entered through the shield opening, but changed while he stayed there (this is possible via at least one Event)
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Randy D

Wyoming
Michigan
msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Gawain wrote:
Also, the planet may not have been Outlaw when he entered through the shield opening, but changed while he stayed there (this is possible via at least one Event)

The planet could also not even had any shields to pass through when the player first entered the planet, but came back on again while they were on the planet (another event).
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.