Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Travis Perry
United States
Red Lion
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mb
...and there is no new expansion planned for 51st State this year. R.I.P.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Francisco
United States
Cumberland
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
When something is as good as the base game is, I don't even think the first expansion was necessary. And it doesn't mean the game is dead, either.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
King Maple

Harjumaa
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Portal made a huge point in their keynote that they're supporting their line of games, but 51st State was entirely missing from the slides :/

Neuroshima Hex will still get a lot of support though

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Harry J
Germany
Ratingen
flag msg tools
I bought today the new Scavenger Addon @ Essen Spiel 17. 50 New Cards, to mix with Standard Deck.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Damien Cosgrove
United Kingdom
Bury St Edmunds
Suffolk
flag msg tools
mbmb
The games fine as it is for me to play with the couple of people I already play it with.

Sadly I'd suggest that with nothing new in 2018 there won't be any new influx of people interested in 51st state in 2018, meaning at least for me it will probably get played a little less, which is never great. Ah well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Olli Juhala
Finland
Turku
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just to point out, Imperial Settlers didn't get a non-promo expansion this year, so it's entirely possible 51st State will get one 2019.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
IceCream Brainz
msg tools
I'm sorry to be the one saying this, but there is probably a chance that 51st state is indeed dead. Portal has pulled the entire 51st state line of products from their web store (at least at the time of me typing this). It's not out of stock mind you, the products have simply disappeared from the store completely. I can't see this as anything but bad news.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
King Maple

Harjumaa
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
IceCreamBrainz wrote:
I'm sorry to be the one saying this, but there is probably a chance that 51st state is indeed dead. Portal has pulled the entire 51st state line of products from their web store (at least at the time of me typing this). It's not out of stock mind you, the products have simply disappeared from the store completely. I can't see this as anything but bad news.

Wow. You're right. Promo stuff is still there, but that's about it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sakuraba
Germany
flag msg tools
mb
IceCreamBrainz wrote:

That's interesting. In the German store they still sell the base game and scavengers expansion besides the promo stuff.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.