Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Sam Wineinger
United States
Wood River
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
You made it personal. All it did was buy you a little more pain than most.
mbmbmbmbmb
So, after all of the issues, lack of communication, and delays, I got my copy. Unfortunately, I received it about a week after I got my Kingdom Death: Monster 1.5 core box, so it may be a while until I actually get around to this one.

Regardless, it arrived and in pretty good shape, but there are a few issues I've encountered:

- I only got 96 Item cards in the core box. The book says there should be 102, but the KS page says 96. I'm not sure which should be correct.

- The miniatures are tiny and must be assembled. I don't recall them ever saying you WOULDN'T have to assemble them, but usually it is mentioned when you do. I've done a lot of miniatures, so this isn't a huge deal for me, but since I'm working on my KD:M stuff right now, that puts this game even further on the back burner. Also, if you've never assembled miniatures before, these will be a rough starting point for you, judging by the size and brittle-ness of these pieces.

- I got the Stage Expansion Pack, and all three of the tiny gun barrels under each of the rocket launcher sections arrived broken off, minus one or two.

- There are a few bits of un-translated material from the original Spanish.

Honestly, these are mostly small complaints, and the game may be great, but overall my excitement for it has somewhat dulled. I'll get around to it eventually, but this is a prime example of how lack of communication can really kill excitement/interest for your project.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jared Voshall
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just got my copy a few days ago myself. Overall, I have much the same reactions as you, with a few exceptions:

1) The figures are tiny, and there are some very tiny joins that need to happen to get everything together, yes, but the figures are nowhere near the most fragile that I've dealt with - heck, I would say that they're better than some of the plastic figures that I've worked with. Superglue holds them well, and I didn't have any problem figuring out what went with what. Just assemble them one sprue at a time, and you'll be fine. Maybe not the perfect starting point (you need to be careful cutting them from the sprue, and gluing the feet straight on the base could definitely throw some people off), but they're definitely far from the worst I've seen.

2) I've already translated the untranslated bits in the rulebook (and, in once case, the card title) in this thread: https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1868674/untranslated-bits-r...

I've not had a chance to play it yet, but I am actively looking for a chance to give it a play and I think it will be an enjoyable romp.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Wortham
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm still waiting for my pledge! Arrrggghh!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rune Ørum
Denmark
Aarhus
flag msg tools
mbmb
I had almost considered my money for this game to be lost. Hopefully there is fun to be had inside the box.

This was the first kickstarter i backed, good thing it didn't scare me off though because I also backed Mythic Battles which will probable always win over Battle Arena when it comes to choosing what goes on the table

Are the broken pieces fixable with glue as well you think? I'm thinking about the turrets you mentioned.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam Wineinger
United States
Wood River
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
You made it personal. All it did was buy you a little more pain than most.
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, they're so tiny and brittle, that most of mine were either gone completely (implying that they broke before they were put in box), or broken into several tiny pieces. So, not likely. There was one that I think I could glue, but that's like 1 out of 10. I think I'd be more likely to just break off the remaining 2 to make them uniform.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua Martin
United States
Parkland
Washington
flag msg tools
I have had mine for at least a month if not two. I was just going to get around to opening it today when I read ratings and comments and saw you have to put them together.

I ordered KDM because I have a friend that said he would put them together. This will remain in the box unopened though. Just glad I read your comments
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.