Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
mark horneff
United Kingdom
london
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi

Looks like my KS will finally be shipping soon and it seems i have an extra base set and advanced rule book. Is there any reason to have two of these? I did have two copies of the orginal

Thanks

Dec
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Mohnkern
United States
Germantown
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
decaramas wrote:
Hi

Looks like my KS will finally be shipping soon and it seems i have an extra base set and advanced rule book. Is there any reason to have two of these? I did have two copies of the orginal

Thanks

Dec

Extra Miniatures and extra tiles would be good if you were creating your own campaign....

You could sell off the second advanced rulebook... Or give it to one of your players.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Matecha
United States
Florence
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The more stuff you have the more people will like you.

Also it gives you enough modules and minis to do fun stuff like set up a hero ship, enemy ship and space station simultaneously and stock them with full crews of same or different species.

I own 2 sets of BS1 core game and 2 sets of the old minis and did that.

You can’t have just ONE Elephantoid stomping around can you???

All your players will be fighting over your rulebook. I bought 2 extra for my players to buy from me.

Cheers and good gaming Mark! 😁👍🏼

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Frank
United States
Walnut Creek
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
decaramas wrote:
Hi

Looks like my KS will finally be shipping soon and it seems i have an extra base set and advanced rulebook. Is there any reason to have two of these? I did have two copies of the original

Thanks

Dec

Basically, if you want to have 8 players in the game or have people play multiples of the same species, the answer is yes there is value in it, more tiles and more minis means you can run missions with bigger crews and bigger ships. If you want to run a campaign, and your crew will up in rank, having access for both the heroes and the bad guys to bigger ships, really is fun.

But if you don't plan on ever doing that, then not as much.

Personally, I run at cons and for friends, so having more tiles, and tokens and minis helps a lot.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joey V

Los Angeles
California
msg tools
designer
publisher
GROWL Kickstarter LIVE - TinyUrl.com/GROWLKS
mbmbmbmbmb
Not for many months I think. There's enough content for pretty much all (?) of the missions in the advanced book, including having 2 large ships fighting each other. Tracking details on more than 2 ships seems like a lot of work, but my suggestion is get the box and if you absolutely need more ships, use an old 1.0 game - they are probably very cheap now and the smaller module sizes means you can track a lot of enemies on a smaller table. If you have the money to buy two sets of the game then I would wait and see what Jeff Siadek has in store for the future... I am sure he is planning some great new content.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.