Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Martin H
Canada
Vancouver
BC
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I really love tech trees and lately I've really been into co-ops. However I find games with good tech trees are usually war games (or at least competitive). It could be an individual (per player) tech tree or a group tech tree.

I think one reason this might be hard to find is because it might be a solvable puzzle (the optimal path).

Too Many Bones kind of has a tech tree per player which is cool.

I'm looking for some other ones.

Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrés Santiago Pérez-Bergquist
United States
Mountain View
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The per-spirit presence tracks in Spirit Island are effectively a simple tech tree (plus the different power cards you gain also fulfilling part of that role).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Kline
United States
Winston-Salem
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd argue Pandemic Legacy has a tech tree.

Without giving away spoilers you get to choose permanent upgrades at the end of each game. Those upgrades can effect just about every part of the game

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Blumentritt
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
A tech tree that allows different levels of risk/reward wouldn't be solvable, generally - do you upgrade the safer solution that usually works a little bit, or the risky one that sometimes works a lot? Depends on how far behind you think you'll be...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Garrett Snyder
United States
Spokane Valley
Washington
flag msg tools
mb
It's not out yet, but I believe you can play Heroes of Land, Air, and Sea as a cooperative against two AI components. The AI is driven by cards.

Don't quote me on this though. I know you can do 1 player versus the AI, but I think they said you could do 2 versus 2 AI in the base game. I think with the expansion you could do 3 versus 3 AI or even 2 versus 4 AI.

The game was influenced by WoW, so it has some teching up and hero recruitment.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christoff Jordaan
South Africa
Pretoria
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
The Big Book of Madness has each player start with a different configuration of starting cards (it's a deckbuilder where your cards are effectively your "mana") and their own special ability. During the game they can also purchase unique spells (everyone starts with the same basic set) as well as customizing their deck composition.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Crazed Survivor
France
flag msg tools
The Orzhov welcome you. Please leave your belongings with the Obzedat. They are not yours anymore.
badge
Hi, I'm a european crested tit, and a very small punk rocker!
mbmbmbmbmb
Kingdom Death: Monster and, to a lesser extent, Hero Realms: The Ruin of Thandar Campaign Deck have tech trees that span over long campaigns.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Village Idiot
United States
Palm Harbor
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Not exactly a tech tree, but checkout Orléans: Invasion.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M M
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't know KD:M but I wouldn't qualify any of those as a tech tree.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin H
Canada
Vancouver
BC
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks everyone. I'd already preordered a few of those and have played some others in your suggestions. I'll look into the rest of them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Colin Marsh
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
ahh, get it off.. get it... GET IT OFF!!
badge
ahh, get it off.. get it... GET IT OFF!!
mbmbmbmbmb
while it's not quite a tech tree, Robinson Crusoe has inventions every game and you frequently need to balance in advancing your abilities with the other requirements of the scenario.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.