Time of Legends: Joan of Arc» Forums » General

Subject: walls for 28mm game rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Olkhen the Gamer

New York
msg tools
mb
Anyone who saw the walls, do you think walls and towers would work for a different 28mm game. Obviously, they gonna look smaller in this scale, but it's a bit hard to judge by pictures relative sizes.
Thanks
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Team Ski
United States
Dover
Delaware
flag msg tools
badge
CHOMP!!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
I would think they would be far too small. Add the fact that you have the wooden galleries featured on the walls will make them look silly next to 28mm figures.

-Ski
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Olkhen the Gamer

New York
msg tools
mb
yeah thats what i was afraid of. Thanks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Freelance Police
United States
Palo Alto
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Shouldn't be hard to find 28mm walls (ask Dakka), but Mantic will eventually release its Terrain Crate sets, including walls, which will hopefully be more affordable:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1744629938/terraincrate...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric S
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
If you are looking for city walls buy the GW Fortress set - you can still pick up kits on ebay

piccies on my blog

http://shedwars.blogspot.co.uk/2013/09/nottingham-tales-of-s...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Olkhen wrote:
Anyone who saw the walls, do you think walls and towers would work for a different 28mm game. Obviously, they gonna look smaller in this scale, but it's a bit hard to judge by pictures relative sizes.
Thanks

Pretend these walls belonged to a hobbit or some other small race's fortress. They're gone now, and your 28mm figures moved in to claim it. I know its not the most inspiring comment, but imagination can make anything better, just like when we we're kids.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Olkhen the Gamer

New York
msg tools
mb
1. Wow those walls are awesome.

2. lol at the hobbit scale

actually, another question: How detailed are these minis and how is the quality in comparison to GW minis? (as you can see i am very tempted by this game, I am interested in painting more than actually playing)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric S
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
The minis in this game are 15-16mm high - the GW minis are typically 28-30mm tall so in effect they are only half the size....

This means they will have less detail but they will be much much faster to paint.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Qui Peccavit
Angola
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Get the best for goth worlds

Not only is GW's fortress hard to come by these days, and if so usually for exaggerated prices on EvilBay, but it also lacks finesse and is a rather simple and boring design. You would be better off with something like this.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.