Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Brad Littman
United States
Northridge
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I just picked up a copy of Vast and the game looks awesome.

The game came with 35 wooden cubes and I am wondering if my copy came with one extra cube in each color or am I not seeing something. The breakdown of what I received is:

2 green
4 red
6 grey
8 yellow
15 dark red.

While I have figured out what the cubes are for I can't seem to find what the extra cubes are for. I know:

1 green cube is used on the Dragon board to show how many Goblins have been eaten.
2 red cubes are used for health and grit on the Knight board. 1 is used on the Dragon Board for the Health Marker.
5 grey cubes are Action Cubes on the Thief board.
7 yellow cubes for the Knight board.
14 dark red cubes as Sloth cubes on the Dragon board.

That leaves one extra cube in each color, If there are 5 extra cubes, then thanks Leder Games for the extras, that is awesome. But if these are not extras I am not sure what they are for and I could use some help.

Thanks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Leder
United States
Saint Paul
Minnesota
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
We added extra cubes because answering questions on the internet is cheaper than shipping more cubes. The packers shorting a cube was a frequent mistake.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Littman
United States
Northridge
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well thank you for clearing things up. Extra components are nice.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Leder
United States
Saint Paul
Minnesota
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Brain Sandwich wrote:
Well thank you for clearing things up. Extra components are nice.

We should have put a note in the rules but we made the decision right before the third printing went to the printer and changing the rules would have caused more delays and incurred plate fees. Sorry for the trouble!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jussi-Pekka Jokinen
Finland
Riihimäki
flag msg tools
At me!
badge
For the Marquise!
mbmbmbmbmb
GreenM wrote:
We added extra cubes because answering questions on the internet is cheaper than shipping more cubes. The packers shorting a cube was a frequent mistake.

Whaaaat? I never got any extra cubes, should I contact Caryl about this?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Leder
United States
Saint Paul
Minnesota
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thinsilver wrote:
GreenM wrote:

Yes please do, I will tell her you are writing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Morales
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
GreenM wrote:

I was one of those that was shorted on cubes...dragon cubes to be exact. I finally received them. Many thanks...I can finally put my Lords of Waterdeep cubes back in there box

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jussi-Pekka Jokinen
Finland
Riihimäki
flag msg tools
At me!
badge
For the Marquise!
mbmbmbmbmb
GreenM wrote:
Thinsilver wrote:
GreenM wrote:

Yes please do, I will tell her you are writing.

I'll be sure to do that the moment the cat eats one of the cubes or something else catastrophic happens. So far I've been fine with the exact amount of cubies.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.