Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Michael Romano
United States
Piscataway
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmb
I am a little confused regarding the rule for overcoming unaligned events and catastrophes. Do you tally the totally number of icons on the witch cards to overcome the event card? Example: on my board right now I have “Redcoat Authority Goes Unquestioned” it’s 5 Unaligned. My hand consists of two cards “Dedicant Patrick” w/ 2 Rituls and 1 Familiar and “Seeker” w/ 1 Ritual and 1 Hexes. Does that qualify as 5 for the purpose of overcoming the event?
Also, using Trophies the Unaligned and Catastrophes can by used to help overcome events with ONLY those same icons whereas the 6 other magic icon can be used to overcome the 6 icons PLUS the Unaligned and Catastrophes?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig Stockwell
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
5 Unaligned = five of any combination of resources, so the two cards mentioned in your hand can overcome the event.

For trophies, think of those from Unaligned and Catastrophies as "colorless" if you like. They can't be used for any events requiring one of the six resources, only for other Unaligned and Catastrophies.

Any other trophy -- let's say a blue Familiar one -- can be used as a Familiar towards an event, so it can be used to help overcome a Familiar event, an Unaligned event, or a Catastrophe event.

I find groups tend to use the U/C trophies to reduce recruiting costs more than towards events (and that's no accident).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Romano
United States
Piscataway
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmb
Thanks for cleaning that up. Likewise for my other post.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.