tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geoffrey Burrell
United States
Cedar Rapids
Iowa
flag msg tools
Thanks for informing us about it! I will go to it!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Buchler
United States
Escanaba
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Pre-order is set for Nov. 11. Still waiting for the price.

Thanks for posting the link - the site is quite good with lots if info.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris
United Kingdom
Lindum Colonia
Flavia Caesariensis
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
SorenK23 wrote:
Pre-order is set for Nov. 11. Still waiting for the price.

Thanks for posting the link - the site is quite good with lots if info.

US$125

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Buchler
United States
Escanaba
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
$125 US vs 75 pounds? Ouch.
Compared to Shadow War: Armageddon,
this is steep considering the 2D tiles and need to buy the supplement to get the true full game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The same White Dwarf showed the gangs for sold sepertely $40 each, and their "data cards" for $15. I don't know if the cards are a must have, or a nice to have. I guess that makes the terrain (boards and plastic pieces) and rules and special dice worth another $45 retail on their own. I think the boxset rulebook has the basic (boardgame) rules, and the Gang War supplement has the table-top and campaign rules. So, one might need to buy both, or find the boxset rules on ebay. And, special dice. Additionally, the gangs are armed with weapons that are not present in the original game. That might further complicate using legacy models/gangs.

In any case, $125 for 20 models is steep for a GW boardgame. Shadow War costs $50 more, but came with a lot of Sector Mechnicus terrain (which really drove the price). I guess they rate the neo-Necro plastic terrain as a thing to buy. It is sold separately, but I could not tell from the web how much of it you get.

Lot's of question, soon to be resolved.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Montgomery
United States
Joliet
Illinois
flag msg tools
Dear Geek: Please insert the wittiest comment you can think of in this text pop-up. Then times it by seven.
badge
The Coat of Arms of Clan Montgomery - Scotland. Yes, that's a woman with the head of a savage in her hand, and an anchor. No clue what it means, but it's cool.
mbmbmbmbmb
Check out the “how to paint” video on the necro site for the terrain - it shows all of it from the box. Can’t remember how much exactly. 3-4 steel walls, a tentacle with sewer grate, and maybe a barricade. Maybe 7 pieces total or something like that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Key West
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I was thinking "well, I guess if everything is 100% good-to-go outta the box, maybe the price is justifiable for the middle-aged, disposable-income-wielding folks who are the target audience" (such as myself) but... Hold up... A buyer also needs to paint the terrain and minis as well? Wow.

I'll just stick with my old set, thanks anyway GW. :|

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.