Shaun Donahue
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
My friends and I are going to be running the Curse of Strahd campaign soon and I am wondering if this board game spoils anything from that campaign so that we don’t ruin it for ourselves.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gabriel Conroy
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
No, other than in the general sense that some of the same characters feature in both. CR was released about 5 years before curse of strahd.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gabriel Santos
Spain
Madrid
Estado/Distrito Capital/Dependencias federales
flag msg tools
achates wrote:
No, other than in the general sense that some of the same characters feature in both. CR was released about 5 years before curse of strahd.

Are the heros feature in any Way? I always wandered if there is any background for the heros that come in the game sort of like the drizzt ones?

Or the stradh character is the only one in common?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Master of the Waz
United States
St. Peters
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Curse of Strahd is based on, basically a remake of the original Ravenloft campaign. It has been redone and released many times over the years, basically for each version of d&d.
The Castle Ravenloft board game is loosely based on it, the novels about Strahd, and some other Ravenloft lore, stories, and adventures.
That said, I have played many of them and read many of the books, but I would say it won't really spoil anything that you probably don't already know. As mentioned, some of the names are used, but they won't really tell you anything.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Patching
United Kingdom
Newport, Wales
flag msg tools
badge
If you notice this notice you wil notice that this notice was not worth noticing
mbmbmbmbmb
Definitely not. I'm running the Curse of Strahd myself at the moment, it's really good!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mr Osterman
United States
Clarkston
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The Ravenloft RPG adventures (going back to ADnD 2nd edition's first release of I-9) are a rich story about a very specific vampire in a very specific area with a complex (though perhaps not totally original) story arc.

The Ravenloft Board Game is a dungeon crawl that uses the feel and theme of the RPG but focuses on killing monsters and taking their stuff.

In contrast you can run almost an entire campaign of Ravenloft the RPG and never swing a sword. ~almost~.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.