Popular Tags: [View All]
Milki Kaplanski
Germany
Bremen
Germany
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So, after pre-ordering the game I heard from multiple people their game came with 3 promos when they ordered from this shop or that shop. I was hopeful my pre-order might as well, but no, sadly not.

So I set out to get the promos in Essen at the SPIEL yesterday and they just told me: "Oh yeah, for every 20€ you spend in our shop, you'll get one of three promos, up to all three" - no possibility to get them just by themsel es and I really didn't have 60€ to spend just so I could get those. I already own all Osprey games I'm interested in so no reason at all to buy anything from their booth. Oh well, sucks but guess I'll just have to live without those promos. :(
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ricardo Pinheiro
Portugal
flag msg tools
mb
miruki wrote:
So, after pre-ordering the game I heard from multiple people their game came with 3 promos when they ordered from this shop or that shop. I was hopeful my pre-order might as well, but no, sadly not.

So I set out to get the promos in Essen at the SPIEL yesterday and they just told me: "Oh yeah, for every 20€ you spend in our shop, you'll get one of three promos, up to all three" - no possibility to get them just by themselves and I really didn't have 60€ to spend just so I could get those. I already own all Osprey games I'm interested in so no reason at all to buy anything from their booth. Oh well, sucks but guess I'll just have to live without those promos.

Where I live, i can't get any promo for the game... order the game again from USA?Out of question. Going to Essen? Can't do it.

I think they should just release a promo pack here or sell them on their website, I even emailed them asking if they would sent me the promos if I paid for them and for the shipping, they never replied...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Büttner-Zimmermann
Germany
München
Bavaria
flag msg tools
badge
Wiggle It!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
I asked, too - but no way.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Liolio
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Agreed. Love the game, but I hate that I'm missing out on extras.. :/
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Morten K
Denmark
flag msg tools
mb
They were very clear about it in advance though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David van Damme
Netherlands
Rotterdam
flag msg tools
badge
miruki wrote:

So I set out to get the promos in Essen at the SPIEL yesterday and they just told me: "Oh yeah, for every 20€ you spend in our shop, you'll get one of three promos, up to all three" - no possibility to get them just by themsel es and I really didn't have 60€ to spend just so I could get those. I already own all Osprey games I'm interested in so no reason at all to buy anything from their booth. Oh well, sucks but guess I'll just have to live without those promos.

I got two promos with my copy of London. Send me a private message if you are interested, I can mail them to you.

Update: promos are underway to Miruki!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Williams
United States
Baltimore
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Speaking as an employee of a retail game store here in the USA, promo cards are traditionally held in reserve for folks who buy their games in person at brick and mortar stores, not via pre-orders, over the internet, or at conventions.

publishers do this to encourage the game buying public to buy at a physical store (whenever possible). Some manufacturers will have a supply of such promos for folks who buy at large shows---Essen of GenCon---but not all do so.

It can be frustrating, yes, but often those promos can be found for purchase here on BGG in the Geek Store section under the Bazaar tab.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave S.
United States
Des Moines
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
RoManXJ9 wrote:
Speaking as an employee of a retail game store here in the USA, promo cards are traditionally held in reserve for folks who buy their games in person at brick and mortar stores, not via pre-orders, over the internet, or at conventions.

publishers do this to encourage the game buying public to buy at a physical store (whenever possible). Some manufacturers will have a supply of such promos for folks who buy at large shows---Essen of GenCon---but not all do so.

It can be frustrating, yes, but often those promos can be found for purchase here on BGG in the Geek Store section under the Bazaar tab.

One of the promos is available when you order online through Cool Stuff. I bought mine from my FLGS, so I missed out on the promo because I chose to support a brick and mortar store.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sgt. Elias
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
RoManXJ9 wrote:

You forgot to mention the typically gouged prices associated with those hard to find promos, not to mention those lovely Kickstarter exclusives. Not a fan.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.