Aeon's End: War Eternal» Forums » General

Subject: Re-Use Spells rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jim P
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Did anyone else find it strange that there's a recommended starting market that comes without a single 2-cost or 5-cost card?

Playing with this, we felt like we were wasting a lot of Aether - or buying things that were sub-optimal, so that we weren't wasting Aether...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Crazed Survivor
France
flag msg tools
The Orzhov welcome you. Please leave your belongings with the Obzedat. They are not yours anymore.
badge
Hi, I'm a european crested tit, and a very small punk rocker!
mbmbmbmbmb
How would you be wasting aether when charges cost 2 to buy and focusing a breach costs between 2 and 4 aether?

Sometimes you'll be losing 1 aether. No big deal, really.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nicholas P.
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yea I actually brought this up. It gets me too. The market with only one relic and 5 spells has a solid cost spread, but doesn't include 5 cost either.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim P
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Razoupaf wrote:
How would you be wasting aether when charges cost 2 to buy and focusing a breach costs between 2 and 4 aether?

Sometimes you'll be losing 1 aether. No big deal, really.

even 1 going to waste is annoying when the game is so tight.

I was playing Quilius, which meant I started with breach 2 open, and had little-to-no incentive to buy charges early on (her ability seems like a complete waste of time until you've got at least 2 trophies, and even then it's not great)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Crazed Survivor
France
flag msg tools
The Orzhov welcome you. Please leave your belongings with the Obzedat. They are not yours anymore.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Mightyjim wrote:
even 1 going to waste is annoying when the game is so tight.

I don't fret over lost aether and neither do I over lost damage. I kill what I need to kill when I need to kill it and if I waste 5 damage for it I still find it better than losing the game And also, I do win so... It's no big deal really
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sherlock Holmes
msg tools
mb
Razoupaf wrote:
And also, I do win so... It's no big deal really

Alright hotshot, you might be good, but one day I'll beat Rageborne (on normal).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Crazed Survivor
France
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ayano wrote:
Alright hotshot, you might be good, but one day I'll beat Rageborne (on normal).

Call me again when you beat him on Extinction with the 1st edition solo rules and we'll talk.

For the record: I haven't

Have fun!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anon Y. Mous
msg tools
mbmb
Using Quilius's ability to bring a minion down to Extinguish range is a solid use of it in the early game. I wouldn't focus on building it up for that purpose (unless there's a Dezmodia on your team, priority #1 should be opening your +1 breaches), but early charges don't entirely go to waste.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Valdez
United States
Sugar Land
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I also wouldn't fret over a lost aether as well, but I'll add that you do have the option to keep cards in hand if that helps any? Unless you're trying to get thru the deck faster. Make sure you look at all your options!

And not to discourage or anything, but if you're having trouble with Rageborne on normal, the rest of the nemeses will be a bit of a treat (in a bad way). Huehuehue.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.