Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
7 Posts

Sakura Arms» Forums » News

Subject: 《Japanese edition》New megami: Utsuro, digital game, future of board game. rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
jamie willett
msg tools
mb
A quick reminder the japanese eition and the english edition may not be handeled the same way. Historically with bakafires games much less revisions make it to america, usually the changes are grouped together.

In the past few months a lot of news has come out regarding the future of sakura arms in japan. Act 2 (this is where the english edition is) will be ending after a final expansion. However this is because the game is popular and in order to keep expanding it very large scale revesions are necasarry. As of such the original game will continue to exist but will not recive future expansions. Meanwhile a new version of the game with the aame characters will be released. This will happen when the digital version of the game comes out. The digital version will be only the new sakura arms game.

New rules include expanding the base life, changing the distances and or cards of some characters and a new rule that allows adding to the distance from the shadow as oposed to aura via basic action while the distance is 2 or less.

Finally the lastest news is the new megami/character Utsuro「ウツロ」. Her theme is shadows and darkness. Her first teaser card is a special card acrion that moves 2 of the oponents life to shadow for 20 flare[note:20 flare is not a typo]. The card costs 1 less flare for each token in the shadow. It works well with other expensive cards as spending flare will incease the shadow. It also works well with flare reduction cards. As more cards are teased and information is released reagrding Utsuro this post will be updated.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jamie willett
msg tools
mb
Update! More teasers were posted this week.

First her megami taro:.

Her megami ability is " some cards get stronger when the shadow/dust is 8 or more. This may be difficult to achieve as her target distance looks to be 4-9 focused mostly on 6-7 distance.

Next her first attack card(N1):

This card changes its damage to aura to (-) wen the shadow/dust is 8 or more , making at a direct damage to life card.

Her last regular card(N7) is an enhancement:

When played your opponent moves 2 aura to the dust. If at any point you are damaged by a successful attack card while the enchantment is active it will go to your downward pile without receiving its disenchant effect, and all of its tokens will be moved to the dust(see yurina n6 for an example of this effect) If it has its last token removed otherwise it will receive its disenchant effect: If the distance is less than 8, your opponent discards their hand and losses all of their vigor. they cannot gain vigor next turn.

That is it for now, if possible i will post her cards from the pre release event latter this month.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Ehlke
United States
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
Have there been any updates on the digital version since this update? If the digital game is ever available in English I will definitely be playing it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jamie willett
msg tools
mb
Latest news on the digital version is it will be sometime this year, probably closer to December is my guess. So far I have not heard plans for an English release, but I may end up fixing up some sort of guide to navigating and using the app without knowing japanese (expect to memorize the cards or use a reference sheet)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Ehlke
United States
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
Very cool. Looking forward to hearing more!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Preet Tohvi
msg tools
ja785y wrote:
The digital version will be only the new sakura arms game.

Sorry, I don't quite understand what you mean. Will the sequel not be released as a physical card game?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jamie willett
msg tools
mb
The sequel is already out in Japan, the digital game is based on the cards and rules from the sequel. It will play slightly different from the AEG edition because of this.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.