Marvel Dice Masters: Avengers vs. X-Men» Forums » Rules

Subject: Effects triggered "at beginning of your turn" rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Vincent Bolduc
msg tools
Hi,

Maria Hill - Director of S.H.I.E.L.D.:
"While Maria Hill is active, you may add "shield" characters from your Field Zone to your roll at the beginning of your turn"

When does a "at the beginning of your turn" effect triggers? before or during the "clear & draw" step?

This wording seems to imply that I can draw my 4 dice during the "clear & draw" step, and after doing so, choose to add my "shield" characters to the lot if I wish to do so... in the "draw" moment of this step.

Or should I decide to take my "shield" characters from my field zone before drawing from my bag? Or since it's all at the same time, I get to choose?

If there are any treads that answers that question, I didn't see them.. thanks for sharing the link..

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul K.
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't believe it has been officially delineated this far yet. I would rule that "at the beginning of your turn" would be "before your C&D step".
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vincent Bolduc
msg tools
Well, normaly it's what I would think as well. But the way I read this card, specificaly, it would be:

The clear & draw step:

- Clear the reserve pool
- Draw 4 dice to place in the prep area
- ADD "shield" characters from field zone to prep area

end of phase

To "add" something to another, it has to be there in the first place, no? I cannot add dice to my roll if the dice to be rolled are not drawn yet? By mentionning "at the beginning of your turn" it would be more like to make a difference with other opportunities elsewhere during my turn to roll dice (ex: when fielding a character die with a "draw and roll a die" kind of ability like Gambit).

This is not very clear to me...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul K.
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, strictly going off game mechanics I would say they would need to be selected first.

However, for this card specifically, I think that you're likely right that it was the intent and would probably play it that way.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.