Subject: Card #51 - Question rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Markus Klaas
Germany
Troisdorf
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
One of card #51s 2ndary orders reads: "Shaken AEO closest to in-LOS PU => move towards".

I think this collides with the core rule that prohibits shaken units to move closeer to enemy units.

In most cases, shaken units are ordered to move towards cover which makes sense, but other cards order shaken to AEOs to

- Dynamic move away (ok)
- move away (ok)
- move (?!)

Can I assume that "move" and "move towards" should be interpreted like "Move away" when given to shaken AEOs?

Cheers
Mac

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean Druelinger
United States
Joppa
Maryland
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello

You are correct in you interpretation. I will look into this and reply back.
Thank you
Sean Druelinger
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jerry Tresman
United Kingdom
Christchurch
Dorset
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I just received my copy and it does say (Page 3 Rule 3.0) use within the core rules are the primary source for rules determination and LnLTS does not override the core or module rules unless explicitly instructed to do so.

The question is does this card override the core / module rules. It is fairly explicit and part of me likes the idea of a shaken unit having the courage to be aggressive whilst shaken. Sometimes survival is about action is the best defence.

Clearly if would be a nonsense to allow the shaken rule to be broken at will and to add rules that allow exceptions in certain situations would probably not provide an overall benefit for the gamer.

Maybe the core rules could have the exceptions added but the Solo rules are a great opportunity to add in these exceptions without adding to the learning curve or playing time.

Bearing in mind Mark's philosophy of "more game and less guff." whatever gruff is, making chrome exceptions for subtke changes was outside the scope of his design philosophy, David has facilitated the rules rules being idied up and improvements to the presentation and players aids but no major mechanics interference or changes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.