Hide
7 Posts

Gloomhaven» Forums » Rules

Subject: About to start a Campaing: two short questions rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Telcontar Thorongil
msg tools
1) I start in Gloomhaven, no? So to travel to Black Barrow i should do a road event, it's correct?

2) If the road event has negative effects like "Start with two less hit poins" and i fail the scenario, if i retry immediately the negative effect it´s still active?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Whittle
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Telcontarvi wrote:
1) I start in Gloomhaven, no? So to travel to Black Barrow i should do a road event, it's correct?

Yep.

Telcontarvi wrote:
2) If the road event has negative effects like "Start with two less hit poins" and i fail the scenario, if i retry immediately the negative effect it´s still active?

No, similar to if you had succeeded and gone on to a linked scenario, the effects of that road event are no longer in force.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon Skov
Denmark
Copenhagen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
1) Yes. You also get to first buy items in the shop and have a city event.

2) No, if your fail the scenario and retry it, the road event no longer applies. Neither would any bless cards you'd received from donating in Gloomhaven

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mike heim
United States
Juneau
Alaska
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
You can even, if you want, travel back to town and buy more gear.

But then you'd have to do another Road event on your return to BB.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Telcontar Thorongil
msg tools
Thanks everyone

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Wilkins
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
My Sea Hag got Sea Hagged... might as well drink my own piss
mbmbmbmbmb
Since you start the game in Gloomhaven, does your party also have the option of completing a City event before setting off to Black Barrow for the first time? I know rulebook says “once per visit to Gloomhaven, a party may complete a city event”. Does the formation of the party qualify as a “visit” to Gloomhaven and therefore eligible for a City event?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Arthur Janicek
Canada
Winnipeg
Manitoba
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.