Popular Tags: [View All]
Graham
United Kingdom
Manchester
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Link here

Just ordered it while on the M.V. Hrossey from Orkney to Aberdeen at the tail-end of our honeymoon. A ferry, and not a steamer, sadly. Still, I’m taking it as a strong thematic link, and therefore sound justification for me buying this while my wife is feeling seasick.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Graham
United Kingdom
Manchester
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Preorder available from PD Verlag
Too dark outside to take a picture of us passing Peterhead right now, so I'll share one from Stromness - the M.V. Graemsay in the background took us to Hoy.
Again, not a steamer, or indeed crossing the Atlantic, but still a fine excuse for me to nerd out while at sea.
So excited about this game!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Graham
United Kingdom
Manchester
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
That's us heading into Aberdeen Harbour - birthplace (berth place?) of the Thermopylae and Britain's oldest business.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Daffin
United Kingdom
Ledbury
Herefordshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
gragle wrote:
That's us heading into Aberdeen Harbour - birthplace (berth place?) of the Thermopylae and Britain's oldest business.

I just sank the Thermopylae in Nemo's War (second edition). Whoops
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Daffin
United Kingdom
Ledbury
Herefordshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
gragle wrote:
Link here

Just ordered it while on the M.V. Hrossey from Orkney to Aberdeen at the tail-end of our honeymoon. A ferry, and not a steamer, sadly. Still, I’m taking it as a strong thematic link, and therefore sound justification for me buying this while my wife is feeling seasick.

Just ordered it as my Christmas present!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Graham
United Kingdom
Manchester
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Dave in Ledbury wrote:
Just ordered it as my Christmas present!

Yes! I initially thought it was just for preorder, but they're showing in stock so hopefully not too long.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ori Avtalion
Israel
flag msg tools
For Concordia PD Verlag are offering to open the box and remove the German cards to reduce shipping costs. They don't have a similar offer for Transatlantic.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Blackwell
United Kingdom
Saltdean
East Sussex
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've bought it direct too, thanks to this post, Gragle. Ta. I hope you had a great Honeymoon.

Ori, I suspect economies of scale permits this for Concordia.

Not sure removing them in Transatlantic before it becomes a hit works for them. Or maybe weight-wise it wouldn't tip it under the threshold for cheaper shipping...

M B
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jebb Carrier
United States
Georgetown
Delaware
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Am I missing something? They’ll ship to Canada, but the States aren’t an option?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Thompson
United States
Olathe
KS
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I saw the same thing. They ship to Mexico and Canada but not US. Don’t blame us we just to give you our money PD Verlag.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ori Avtalion
Israel
flag msg tools
It's likely they can't sell directly to US customers because of their contract with Rio Grande, the US publisher.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg S
United States
Gloucester
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
SaltyHorse wrote:
It's likely they can't sell directly to US customers because of their contract with Rio Grande, the US publisher.

Which is a massive shame, because Rio Grande is so bad a publisher that Transatlantic, which it says will be released on November 8th, doesn't show up on any online retailers preorder lists anywhere in the U.S..

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott T
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
publisher
There was a mixup with which PD Verlag items would be loaded on which containers. At this point, we are anticipating Transatlantic to arrive in early December, but this could be affected by ocean freight and rail transport (as well as shipping/logistic delays around the holidays).

I can assure you, we're eagerly awaiting Transatlantic as well!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.