Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Harold Coleman
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I see a couple of discrepancies in the posted rulebook pages 8-9 concerning final scoring:

1. A2 Categorical Tally says to count the number of books that match the category and record the total. I am pretty sure you count the number of matching icons on all books and record that number instead. The tallies indicate this to be the case.

2. I thought turned over books acted as if they we're there, yet the shelf stability scoring examples seem to be counting them in the largest rectangles. Someone please clarify.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sebastien Maire
France
St Jean de Moirans
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
1- I don't understand the difference you point out... There is only 1 category per book on cards, so counting matching book or matching category is exactly the same.

2- you are right, turned over books count toward the shelf stability scoring. It is clearly mentioned in the rulebook.
Negative impact of turned over books are regarding all other scoring possibilities as it decreases quantity of categories visible in your shelf.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Harold Coleman
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Concerning 1, I didn't look closely enough at the cards to see that there were multiple books on them. So I'm OK with the counting as stated in the rules.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam P. McIver
United States
Covington
Kentucky
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sebastien answered both questions correctly! Makes my job easy!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Harold Coleman
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So concerning question #2, the scoring examples in the rules are wrong? Mind you, I am looking at the PDF file and not the one that came with the game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam P. McIver
United States
Covington
Kentucky
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
No, I think the confusion above is coming from a misuse of terms.

A book card contains 2-4 books. The books have corresponding category icons.

A flipped card counts toward your shelf stability bonus since it is still a part of the shelf, but the books on the card (which are no longer visible) don't count toward any of the other types of scoring.

Hope that helps!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.